4WD Event Oss 2022 transcripts - 25FRX

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

We need to use another one of them.

So how much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

I think it’s a responsibility for everyone, every adult. I think they are responsible, what they are doing, what they are using, what they are throwing away. And it can only be better at that when they are educated, what they are doing and what is they, what are the consequences. So and of course not only but also let them see how it’s done better and what they can do or invest to go to do it better. So then the real good choice will come from itself.

What can the car industry do to promote circular economy? What do you think the car industry is? Or if they do and it.

Yeah, that lets people know what they want to use. They are using for the producing of, of the cars and whatever where the resources are coming from and what. And also the full circle. What are they doing when the car is, is coming back or it goes out of circulation with this these products and and and materials. Where are they gonna use it. And then you know, what is what is happening and what is today the footprint of your car and your materials that you’re using in the car.

do you believe the car industry is already doing these things?

Yeah, they’re they’re doing more. I think it’s also and. A really long process for the car industry also. That was just ten years ago. It was another ballgame. Other materials were no problem and some materials were probably outsourced. And now we are looking at electronics. There’s a lot of discussion about it, the batteries, of course, but they are also reusable and sustainable for a long time. And you can use the batteries for another purpose. They don’t have to give so much power, but you don’t have to have to destroy them right away. So I think that’s everything is is looking at that reusable energy a lot more. But yeah, 20 years ago we didn’t know what they know today.

So last question, where do you think electronic waste from cars goes after it is no longer used and also not recycled?

There are a lot of stories about that one. And you also see you see films about burn holes where all the tin and gold is getting out there in the desert somewhere. Yeah. But our goals, whatever the basic goals, that should be recycled. Yeah. What do you do with all the material, the different materials of of the electronics? Electronics, of course, many components and many components of a platinum print plat that you can re-use and but not everything. And there are also in this one components, also harmful materials in there. So you have to separate them and then you can see what you can do with it. But I think nowadays they are not doing that very carefully. It’s getting better also. But you always see a lot of videos of of burning, burning electronic waste in somewhere in the desert. And they are getting some materials, steel material out of there and there’s money for them. But they note and not another notion about the environment. But there’s a significant, of course, here in Europe using the environment and. And using also the the wrong materials and the waste of that use goes to other countries. They are poor and that raises for them money. So that’s what’s happening.

Okay. Thank you very much.

coded