A quote from Slavoj Žižek

First, the guy is great. A contemporary philosopher, very inspiring and to the point. I just run across something he said in his recent live chat at The Guardian that fits very well to what Edgeryders is doing:

"The problem is effectively who is a possible agent of change today. It can no longer be the traditional working class. Because to be a traditional worker, let’s say I’m employed by a big factory or company and I have a safe long term job. Ok, I am exploited, but in a stable way. This is almost a privilege today. What about permanently unemployed. What about precarious workers? What about all those living outside of our cupola, our universe? So the only agency of possible change I think can rise with the combination of all these dispossessed, marginalised and so on. Illegal immigrant workers, permanently unemployed, those living under ecological threat, the task is to somehow join all these multiple points. […]

We should fight all our struggles, against sexism here, racism there, and so on. But we should nonetheless keep open a sense of risk. There is always a mystery in political activity. You think you are engaged in a big project and nothing comes out of it. But often you make just a small demand, and if you insist on it, everything changes. We cannot master in advance the consequences of our acts. We should act and keep our mind open."

Feel inspired, please. Maybe it gets you on ideas.

2 Likes

Let’s Adore and Endure

Each Other

2 Likes

This is beautiful

Made my day. Thank you :slight_smile: