A specific case of enregistrement: buying two units in the same cohousing

This is a question for the notary, that @ugne has agreed to relay to him. Maybe it only concerns me, but I would like it documented for the sake of open knowledge. I will write it in French to make Ugne’s life easier.

Un d’entre nous pense acheter deux petits unités, une pour lui-meme, l’autre pour sa copine. Il ne possède aucun autre propriété nulle part. Devra-t-il payer les droits d’enregistrement:

1. Sur les deux unités?
  2. Seulement sur l’unité qui ne sera pas sa propre et unique habitation?

Que recommandez-vous pour son cas?

1 Like

As a suggestion, I would add this to the Q&A file where save the important exchanges we have with the notary. https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/129568
@Ugne, I see there is another new question on the very bottom of the doc, is that actually a question from him to us?
S’agissant de la convention, dois-je engager la rédaction car c’est du « sur mesure «

@alberto let’s ask by all means, but here’s a web page that seems to answer you question:

L’abattement pour l’achat d’une habitation a les conditions suivantes:

• Vous ne pouvez pas posséder, à la date de la convention d’acquisition, la totalité en pleine propriété d’un autre bien immobilier destiné en tout ou en partie à l’habitation. Lorsque l’acquisition est faite par plusieurs personnes, chaque personne doit remplir cette condition.
    Il existe une exception à cette condition. Si vous ne remplissez pas cette condition au moment de l’achat, vous pouvez demander l’abattement par la suite via une restitution. Pour ce faire, vous devez aliéner ces autres biens immobiliers dans un délai de deux ans à compter de la date d’enregistrement de l’acte d’acquisition de la seconde habitation.

Yes, this is a question of his, and for now there is no action required. I managed to talk to him on the phone yesterday. In the meantime I have reported on that here: Notary's update Jet-14 - #8 by Lee

I have read the page. My question stands.

1 Like

What I can find for Flanders is that you would indeed get an abattement for the unit that you would live in yourself: Loading...

Myself I would like to add a similar question to the notary, namely what happens if you also have the naked property of another unit?

@Lee , could you elaborate on your question. Not sure i understand what’s the difference from Alberto’s questions. It’s in principle the same - being an owner of two properties. The key, if i understand correctly, you have to live in that property yourself for 5 years. You can’t live in two properties at the same time. Anyway, if you explain, i send him your question.

hi @alberto
I don’t know if you saw Erneux’s answer to your questions. Real notary’s answer.
He seems to mean that you only qualify if you meet the conditions without explaining how you could meet them in your case…

"En l’état, la position de l’administration face à un texte qui ne prévoit pas cette hypothèse est de considérer que l’abattement ne peut être demandé que dans l’endroit où on va effectivement satisfaire aux conditions.

S’ils ont des résidences distinctes, l’abattement est donc envisageable pour les deux lots distinctement."

2 Likes

I think I do understand. One unit satisfies the conditions, the other does not.

1 Like