Agenda builders: propose or help curate a session

Welcome! We are building an agenda for LOTE. Every session is essentially a conversation we are having here online way before the event starts. If you are up for contributing to make this a great experience for you and your peers, let’s collaborate. Like everything on Edgeryders, this is driven by social interactions. Things only become active when you post something, so if you think something needs to happen, step in and drive it, and others will follow :slight_smile:

If you want to get in touch with this team: go to the Team coordination group.

If you want to statt right away, here are the tasks available to this team

Lead a conference session

Conduct an interview and publish it

Tell the story of a change-making project

Send in a project proposal for the Hackathon October 15-21, Matera

…or add a new task if you want to contribute with something else!

Steps to get your Lote4 ticket

1. Pick a task of the ones above and complete it. If you need help don’t hesitate to ask by leaving a comment on the page. Each task is worth a proportion of the ticket value. and you need to complete enough of them to get one and come to Matera.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

2 Likes

We had our first call discussing the contents of the program

What conclusions do you guys take from these notes about the first steps to build the program?

Edgeryder T-Shirts

I wrote a Workshop proposal elsewhere, Noemi mentioned it. Does that mean I am to perform the Workshop?

I’d like to know soon, because there are several things to plan ahead…

Ticket is on its way!

Hi Anna, expect to get your conference ticket by email, along with advice to help you organise…!! It’s up to you if you will end up hosting the session or not. Ideally before the event you would update us with clear instructions for joining your session: what do we need to bring along? how will it work? how much time do you need in the program 2hrs? 3 hrs? what kind of room arrangement you need to make sure there’s enough maneuver space. How about uploading some pictures/ examples of how it will look in the end? perhaps pics of work you have done before? Add this in your session (Edit the post to put in more information). Hope this helps…

cc @Natalia_Skoczylas to send you the ticket.

Edgeryder T-Shirts

@Noemi, @Alberto

Thankyou for answering my question.

Yes, I would like to do the Workshop - very much. I think, it will be fun.

I thought, I would give it two hours, but people who only want to drop in and make their print won’t need more than 10 to fifteen minutes. The “long term” is for those interested in the technique, who might want to create their own logo or play around with different effects.

I am working on a précis with all things mentioned that would be necessary: Location, number of People I can work with at a time and so on.

On wednesday, I’ll have a “Creativity Session” with a friend whom I already asked to make some photos.

As soon as I have it all together, I’ll edit the session post as requested and send the necessary Information.

Edgeryder T-Shirts

@Noemi, @Alberto

Thankyou for answering my question.

Yes, I would like to do the Workshop - very much. I think, it will be fun.

I thought, I would give it two hours, but people who only want to drop in and make their print won’t need more than 10 to fifteen minutes. The “long term” is for those interested in the technique, who might want to create their own logo or play around with different effects.

I am working on a précis with all things mentioned that would be necessary: Location, number of People I can work with at a time and so on.

On wednesday, I’ll have a “Creativity Session” with a friend whom I already asked to make some photos.

As soon as I have it all together, I’ll edit the session post as requested and send the necessary Information.

What is the framework for the workshop?

Hi, Noemi!

Try to answer your questions in a sensible order:

Room: Size depends on how many People will want to take part. Everyone would need about one meter at a table.

The room has to be aeriated well because of the chlorate. When the weather is fine and not windy, an outdoor Location would be ideal.

Floors should be possible to be cleant easily (mind coulour stains!)

There should be water around to wash things and a possibility to hang finished items for drying.

As mentioned above: Tables are crucial.

What to bring: A lot of old newspapers

plastic foil to cover the tables

2 or 3 Liters of chlorate bleach

iron

Length: Two hours will do.

Other stuff ,like cutting tools, paintbrushes, spraybottles I will take with me.

Hope, I didn’t forget anything important…

Thanks

This is something that those attending your session should definitely know, feel free to update your session description with these…

The way to do this is through the Edit bar above your post.

What is the framework for the workshop?

Hi,

what is it you think, attendees should know?

I was hoping that maybe some Matera connections could be asked about newspapers and an iron…

Bleach should be available in the cleansing department of any Supermarket and if foil would be a problem I can take it from Austria.

Up to you!

Are you asking if your workshop was accepted? The answer is: of course! In an unconference, we don’t try to control the program. If you want to do the workshop, then the workshop is the right thing to do. Please make your preparations.

A detail: I am making your original post into an event, so that it can appear in the program.  Could you edit it and upload a nice, colourful image to function as the event logo? It will be visualized in 200 x 200 pixels, so a small image will do. You will find the event logo field below the text.

Fun T-Shirts for Edgeryders

Hi,

did as requested.

Encouraging brainstorming?

It seems to me, there’s a big, frightening gap between having an idea and being ready to propose a session.

[I suspect part of that is mental: probably if somebody put up a one-sentence proposal, the community would jump in and flesh it out. But it’s still a bit intimidating!]

I wonder if there’s a way to bridge that gap – some way to facilitate brainstorming, to encourage people to share their half-baked ideas and let others help bake them?

I’m not sure quite how, but I know there are people here who are very good at that kind of thing!

I’ve no idea how that got assigned to so many people. Sorry – it wasn’t intentional!

Done

:slight_smile: