All Lote4 tasks to list on MakerFox

Help list everything we need in preparation for Lote4, especially those tasks that can contribute to someone earning a conference ticket? I will take it one by one and upload them onto Makerfox.com.

1. We start by breaking down each Lote4 team activities into tasks.
  2. We then formulate the tasks as a short description - it doesn't need to be very detailed for now, as concrete instructions will be sent to each and every one after they offer it as service.
  3. We then upload the services on Makerfox. The list will be updated here.

#Countonme social media team

Service: Prepare social media headlines

Summary: I will select and write 3 Edgeryders headlines each day for a whole week.

Description:The Edgeryders countonme team is a mailing list where 3 network headlines are sent daily. Everyone in the team shares the content and links from our personal accounts to create the buzz ahead of Living on the Edge (LOTE4) event October 23-26, 2014. Usually the headlines are prepared by Natalia, and help is welcome!

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when and how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us so we can send you the conference ticket. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Craft tweets for twitter press conference

Summary: I will craft a series of 30 tweets.

Description: Ahead of Lote4, sometime in September, Edgeryders will organize a press conference on twitter. We did it before, we know it works, and it’s fun to run together with the community. We need to tell the story of Lote4: The Stewardship in a way that is engaging for the media and for future participants, and break it down into catchy tweets containing: text + link + image + lote4 hashtag.

• Value of task: 1 #lote4  ticket

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when and how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us so we can send you the conference ticket. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Create press release

Summary: I will write a 1 page press release about Living on the Edge: The Stewardship

Description: Ahead of Lote4, sometime in September, Edgeryders will organize a press conference on twitter. We did it before, we know it works, and it’s fun to run together with the community. We need a one pager press release for the twitter press conference, due sometime in September.

• Value of task: 1/2 #lote4 ticket

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when and how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us so we can send you the conference ticket. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Build database with relevant media

I will create a database with media organisations and journalists

To promote and ensure coverage of Lote4, we need a spreadsheet with media organisations, journalists, projects potentially interested in a global debate on how communities are learning to better take care of assets around them – physical, digital and other community commons. The database should contain at least 20 entries with: name of person or organisation, field of interest, twitter handle, at a minimum.

• Value of task: 1 #lote4 ticket

Service: Build a newsletter

I will design and write a community newsletter

Lote4 is a community event gathering individuals from across the globe: active members on Edgeryders, newcomers doing work on Stewardship, but also state level actors, politicians and policy makers. A series of newsletters are intended to present the Lote4 speakers, case studies of collaboration to take care of assets, and conference preparations which are under way.

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when, where or how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us so we can send you the conference ticket. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Graphic design

I will design a poster, flyer, leaflet or other digital product.

Over at Edgeryders we have a number of past visual materials available for mix and remix, and everything is listed under creative commons license.

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when, where or how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us.

Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Subtitling videos

I will create the first subtitles for a video to make it accessible to people with impaired hearing and to make it easier for people to translate subtitles to different languages. Here is how Edgeryders have done this in the past, using Amara.

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when, where or how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us.

Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Translation 

I will translate a page of text from English to my language. It can be one of the LOTE4 static pages, or content like a press release, a fundraising text or an invitation to participate in the event.

• Value of task: 1/2 \#lote4 ticket

Storytelling and documentation team

Service: Conduct an interview and publish it

I will interview someone who is making a contribution to their community, then upload it, a transcript or summary, here on edgeryders.eu.

An example of an interview guide for someone doing work in Matera, Italy.

What is your project about? What is stewardship to you? How does your project relate to it? Who is crucial to stewardship with respect to your work and in Matera in general? Who is doing the most work to address challenges in Matera? What questions or problems do you have to ask the other participants from Matera… how about the ones coming from abroad? What are you expecting/contributing to LOTE?

Service: Tell the story of a change-making project

I will write an engaging post on https://edgeryders.eu

Ahead of Lote4 we are building a global collection of case studies to increase our knowledge of stewardship. Contribute a story and tell us about an inspiring initiative, what the project is about and where it happens, how it started, what were the challenges, what changed in the environment because of it.

Service: Documentation of a session during Lote4

I will take notes and publish them on https://edgeryders.eu

Edgeryders events are not just physical meetups, they are knowledge generation engines aimed to benefit the wider community, not just those in attendance. We are developing a habit to document findings and share them online as the event unfolds, making it possible for others far away to engage and benefit from comparing notes. The documentation can be in the form of written text, video or audio (with summary transcript), your choice!

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when and how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Agenda builders team

Service: Lead a Lote4 conference session

I will write an engaging post on https://edgeryders.eu to describe my session.

The program for our community event Lote4 (Oct 23-26) is being built by participants, which means anyone can step in and propose a topic for discussion in relation to stewardship and taking care of assets. This means publishing it online, giving it a title, a description based on your research and experience, specifying the format, number of attendees and logistical equipment required (if any).

Send in a project proposal for the Hackathon October 15-21, Matera

We are prototyping a new hackathon format, designed for people running great projects who are stretched thin for time and money, and could use some help from their peers. The hackathon happens just the week before the Living on the Edge (LOTE4) event, so if you are applying to go to the hackathon you already get yourself in at the event.

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know if you submitted a proposal already or when are you doing it. When you are finished come back here and tell us so we can send you the conference ticket. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Travels and accommodation team

Service: Find accommodation deals

I will inquire about discounts at B&Bs, hostels and individuals in Matera, Italy.

Ahead of Lote4 we are looking for cheap accommodation options to offer participants. Everyone is responsible for their own booking, but a list of what is available and pricing for the period 22 – 26 October 2014 would be of great help. We need someone to reach out to local hosts, check (group) discounts and post them online on edgeryders.eu in this dedicated wiki:  Plan your Lote4 travel and accommodation - LOTE4 “The Stewardship” - Edgeryders

In the comment form below add yourself in the Assign to: field and let us know when and how you are performing the task. When you are finished come back here and tell us. Anything else you want to help with but didn’t find it yet? Add a new task and assign yourself to it!

Service: Hosting a LOTE4 participant in Matera

Ahead of Lote4 we are looking for cheap accommodation options for fellow Edgeryders. If you’re taking on this task you must be very generous! If this is the case please go to the accommodation wiki and leave a comment with your name and what are the conditions you prefer (you may want to host an Italian speaker or are perfectly fine with English? male/female? how many beds? is there something they can offer in exchange for staying at your place? maybe a something you need help with in your work or project?) Plan your Lote4 travel and accommodation - LOTE4 “The Stewardship” - Edgeryders

Thank you in advance!

Web and tech dev team

Create a list of Edgeryders user requirements. I will review the user stories and create a list of shared user requirements and sort them in order of priority.

Information architecture: Go though the user stories and propose a new edgeryders.eu site information architecture.  I will produce a sitemap for an Edgeryders site that fullfills the needs of the users presented in the user stories. For each page on the sitemap I will produce a one sentence description of what info should be on each page.

• Required resources:

Design: Clean up the visuals on the website. I will design new visual profile for Edgeryders.eu especially covering these elements:

• Required resources:

Programming: Translate design into CSS. I will translate the visual design into CSS code and test it in the sandbox environment.

Programming: Inject new CSS code into Edgeryders.eu. I will inject the tested CSS code onto the main site.

• Required resources:

Storytelling: Map and visualise your Edgeryders User Journey. I will write a story about how I came to see myself as a member of the Edgeryders community. In it I will describe which parts of the Edgeryders online online presence I use and for what purposes.

• Required resources: That you have been an active part of the community for a while. This is not just about where to click for what, but how you become an active participant and what is in it for you.

Information design | Copywriting: Pick a page on the sitemap and write the content for it. I will pick a page on the sitemap and write the content for it. If I feel it is needed I will produce a simple visualisation for the page (if I need graphic design help I will ask noemi@edgeryders.eu for it). Where there is already an existing page, I will replace older, more wordy content with shorter more concise copy. I will make the content work for me.

• Required resources:

Design: Propose a small number of icons. I will design a small number of icons to make the  Projects page easy to navigate and visually consistent. The icons will make it easy for someone to get an overview of the different kinds of groups found on the platform. They will also ensure the page gives a sense of diversity without overwhelming visuals.

• Required resources:

Noemi do you need help adding each item above as LOTE4 task?

If we have a task page for each item above we can specify links, update the page when an item has been crossed off etc.

Also I think we need to sequence it so we are adding three new tasks in the group per day, not more. Otherwise our inboxes go nuts with the notifications :))

Want help?

Cross out a task when added to Makerfox and LOTE4 group?

We need some way to keep track of what is already online and who is already taking on a task.

For example, I FB updated asking for help with translation of website content and the unClosing film to German. If there were a translations task page (one) I could add the list of pages to translate. As soon as one language is completed, I can add it to the list as “done”. Or is it better to post each translation as a separate task? Hmm.

So far (so I don’t forget)

1. LOTE4 home page: /t/lote4-the-stewardship/359-program-0. German: Caroline.

2. About LOTE4: https://edgeryders.eu/about-lote . German: Caroline

3. Call for projects: https://edgeryders.eu/call-for-projects. German: Susa

4.Partnership opportunities: https://edgeryders.eu/partnership-opportunities. German: Susa

1. Subtitles to short film about unmonastery: http://piratepad.net/matera If you can contribute a translation let me know which one you are taking and I will let the others know it’s settled. Also we are trying to fundraise to cover the travel for everyone who helps. Let’s hope we manage, would love to see you there! German: Ela | Dutch: Ton

One page per task

I think we’ll be able to update the task page, or add comments with how progress in being done, depending on the case.

Uploading tasks today, 3 per day sounds great.

Another task I just thought of :slight_smile:

https://edgeryders.eu/task-3545