AMA Planning Thread

Sure, but that thread does not yet exist bevause that will be the one with the introduction by the speaker made themselves 3 days before.

Or do you want it to be the event post?

Last time we did not have an event post earlier, which is why we did not have that discussion then it think.

Could send the tell form answers to the event post andmove ot afterwards, or we make the eventpost thread the ama final thread will the speakers personal post going in there as a reply.

Prob thats the most sensible and least confusing option.

Will set up the tell form over lunch.

Thanks for setting this up @MariaEuler! I would keep this simple (no sign up). We can all invite people to join the discussion both on the day and leading up to it. In terms of advertising, the way we did it last time is to post a description of the event + introduce the speaker (we used this to advertise in advance) and then we advertised the AMA again once Anton posted (this was two days before the live event). When we advertise this one, we can explain that a link to the AMA will be posted on platform e.g on December 6th or 7th, so people know where and when to look out for it. What do you think?

the chat will be the thread here on the platform itself, is that correct?

I think the sign up via tell form migth still be usefull as we can then sign out reminders and collect some question up front. However, people can of course just join in directly on the day.

The tell forms are also a good way to share with people who are not yet on the platform,

Here the tell form for the next AMA:

https://tell.edgeryders.eu/14917

(please tell me if you would like to have the question changed)

Yes, it will be on platform, just like Anton’s. Not on this specific thread though. Erik would need to post his own AMA thread. He can use the same format as Anton did, though it would be helpful if his description had a bit more detail so that we have more substance to comment on right off the bat. If you want to do the sign up, we can, but let’s all make sure we directly invite people to be there on the day.

This looks good! Let’s make an add post for the platform too that includes a description of the AMA format. We can add a link to your sign up sheet there as well. I am happy to post one if you are busy

1 Like

Ok, lets do that. Would be great if tou would.do the ama format description post, as you know best how it should be. And then link from there :). I think the registration makes sense if the fi al chat theead is a different in then the one we start advertising with. We can move the relevant replies from that event post to the ama thread the day before the event to make sure it is well populated and send a reminder to everyone signed up with the new link.

Great @MariaEuler. I’ll make sure the post is up by tomorrow afternoon.

hey guys do you think the materials will be ready tomorrow so we can kick off the communication campaign for this? Not much time…

It is ready already. Made the tell form and wcwnt post for sign up on Tuesday. The ama format thread is background information :slight_smile:

This link: Edgeryders Forms

(Also added to outreach list)

1 Like

If anyone finds good links to research Erik’s work, please share. I have found a few news articles about helping kids deal with money, but not much more so far.

This is his company: Gimi - Gives the young generation Financial Superskills

will ask him.

Ping @Leonie @MariaEuler @johncoate. I have tentatively scheduled the third AMA for January 12th at 17.00 CET. Formerly proposed here:

Participants:

Andrea can report on the ongoing petition for open COVID data (on track to hit the 50K signatures). Julie has a global perspective on the same issues.

The objective is to use COVID data as a canary in the coal mine. The coal mine in question is the nexus between political use of information and capacity to build smooth workflows for data publication that makes open data in general (beyond COVID) so difficult.

Can I ask Maria or John to take it from here, connect with the speakers etc.?

2 Likes

You already talked to the speakers initially and checked their availabity?

Do you have enail adresses/could introduce us?

Yes and yes.

I will send you email addresses separately.

1 Like

@MariaEuler I have heard from Jean-François. He was struggling. Was supposed to get back to us last week, did he?

Also, did you hear from Andrea?

I wrote and eamil to them following your introduction but have not heard back from either of them.

what do you mean with struggeling?

Send out a new reminder to connect and talk details with them