An interview about Opencare

Dear all

I received this email from Antonella Passani that is organizing the Digital Social Innovation event in Rome on 1-2 February.

She would like to have an interview with someone of us.

Who could be interested to have this interview?

@ALberto? @Costantino? @melancon?

Let me know!

Franca

Daer Mrs Locati and Prof. Malancon

I hope this message finds you well, and that your CAPSSI project is running smoothly.

Dear Mrs. Locati, we recently met in Florence at the intern science conference, as anticipated in that occasion CHIC, a support action for the CAPS community is running a first round of interview with all CAPS projects. 

The aim of this interview is to learn more about your project and to gather information that will support us in developing our activities in a sounding way so to benefit your CAPS project.

The interview will be conducted online, such as via Skype or GoToMeeting. Questions will concentrate on specific information about your project, your specific goal, your stakeholders, your user engagement strategies, the main expected outputs and the potential needs in terms of networking, exchange of knowledge, training, etc. The interview is expected to last about 45 minutes up to 1 hour, and the content of the interview will be used only internally to ChiC project and will not be made public.

We are very keen to work with you, and take this opportunity as a first step in our collaboration. In this regard, we foresee the next steps to include the following:

-       On September the 28th in Bratislava, we organized a first Community Workshop where, in an interactive way, community needs in terms of networking, knowledge exchange and training have been mapped. we will send you the results of the workshop in order to gather your feedback and be sure to map your needs and expectations too.

-       On 1-2 February 2017 you will be invited to the annual Social Innovation Fair, a large European event that will take place in Rome and will host conferences and workshops on DSIrelated topics. Again in the Community Workshop in Bratislava CAPS project have been asked to vote for selecting the workshops topics. We will soon give you the opportunity to vote online on the same subject.

About the interview, please provide your availability in the Doodle pool below.

http://doodle.com/poll/i6482wa2w82cdw73

I take the opportunity to courtesy ask you to provide us with a high resolution logo of your project as we will need it for our portal: it includes info of all CAPS projects and provides visibility to your activities and results. www.capssi.eu

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by answering to this email.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

Antonella Passani (on behalf of the ChiC team)

…………………………….

Dr. Antonella Passani

Head of the Innovation, Society and Social Capital Research Unit

T6 Ecosystems

www.t-6.it

a.passani@t-6.it

phone: 0647823286

1 Like

What’s in it for us?

One hour for a non-public interview? Did she explain what we stand to gain in return for this time?

For the logo: WeMake made a style guide with everything on it, including many variants of logos: GitHub - opencarecc/opencareStyleGuide: Graphic Guidelines for the opencare.cc project

ok

Thanks for logo. I saw that @malancon gave your avalabilities on Doodle. Perfect! So I think that it’s ok. Tell us if you need something from us to prepare the interview.

Thanks

see you

Franca

ChIC Project

Hi @ALberto

I spoke with Antonella more deeply about their role and what they are doing for Europen Commission. She told me that their project (ChIC: Coordinating high impact for Caps) aims to connect CAPPSI platform, to help them to share knowledge, to create a common language but also to help Caapsi projects to have more impact, also helping them to fund projects (in particular after eu grant). She send me these slides that they presented in Bratislava.

Maybe they could be a good connection for us…

See you!!

Franca

Good work!

@Franca, you rock. I will look at them.

Interview with Antonella next Tuesday 11am

Thanks franca for posting the info,

as some of you may have guessed I am drwning here with loads of things that keep me away from properly interacting … I hope this to be over soon.

I have replied to Antonella and filled a doodle so she could plan the interviews with all projects. We have agreed on a 1h interview next Tuesday. I’ll keep you posted about it.

Guy

Can’t make it

Will be flying back from Alicante. You go ahead, @melancon .

Interview with Antonella – a short debrief

So I finally was able to connect with Antonella last week (Tuesday) – but only managed to sit down reporting about it this morning …

The interview was quite informal and was more intended to give Antonella and CHICH some background info about opencare.

Antonella started by explaining what CHIC is about, a project meant to brig all CAPSSI projects together. They are organizing differents events we are invited to participate to:

We discussed things like:

• The project genesis, which I linked with the LOTE events. That lead us to discuss about how the project was organized, explain how the consortium was designed, and how much we rely on peripheral events (events either being peripheral, or opencare placing itself at the periphery/center of projects/initiaves. I described examples -- to the best of my knowledge -- of initiatives we thought were worth examining.
  • The interview gave me the opportunity to go over the problem we faced with the need to spend money on non-partner initiatives. Antonella perfectly understood what I meant -- and of course, she is not in a position to change things -- and told me about sad stories ... where people in the end were not payed although they did comply and implemented solutions they were suggested ... (That made me think our actual plan B probably the most secure option).
  • I said a word about collective intelligence, seen as a concept around which many of us work. Explained that in our case collective intelligence either built around discussion forum (ER) or in a physical room.

The interview lasted a little less than an hour, and I understood it was meant as a first contact – from which we should not expect much, but to link with CHIC.

1 Like

Much appreciated

Thanks, @melancon , we appreciate you taking the time to report back.