Applying for the H2020 collective intelligence call - looking for operational partners and collaborators

Edgeryders Team is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Collective Intelligence Incubator
Time: Jan 21, 2020 05:00 PM Brussels
Every week on Tue, until Feb 18, 2020, 5 occurrence(s)
Jan 21, 2020 05:00 PM
Jan 28, 2020 05:00 PM
Feb 4, 2020 05:00 PM
Feb 11, 2020 05:00 PM
Feb 18, 2020 05:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Weekly: Error - Zoom

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 733 932 800

Hi Nadia,
I have imported this for Tuesdays, and removed the old one from Thursdays.
Is there an open edgeryders calendar where I could get informed of other interesting calls?

Warm regards,
Liliana.

Is this the working document still?

Hi there,

My work is also on these topics and level. Soenke knows me for some years and engaging in discussion with Alberto Cottica and Marina Batinić.

I’m visiting Berlin end of Jan and wanted to see if Oliver or Purpose Ventures might be open to a meeting on your project. There is usually benefit in these exchanges and hope this format/timing is appropriate.

• John
2 Likes

Ping @BlackForestBoi, @JZib would like to meet you.

@JZib, maybe you can join into our call tomorrow 17:00 CET to discuss an inperson meetup :slight_smile:

ping @matthias do we have anything like this functionality in discourse?

This project is now moving towards finding other financing options. Therefore branding and pitching are relevant topics now. @matteo_uguzzoni, it would be great if you could maybe give some feedback or recommendations on how to pitch something like this :). Your powerpitches would be a great help :slight_smile:

Yes … go to the #event tag page and subscribe to it by choosing “Watching first post” in the top-right dropdown that initially shows just a circle icon.

If everyone tags their event-related topics that way, you’ll be notified of all events … we’re not super consistent with the tagging still, but I fix whatever event I see untagged. Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I might be able to help here.

1 Like

Hello!

Here you can find an handout of the things that we usually teach in our classes, maybe is useful at this stage :slight_smile:

PowerPitch - handout.pdf (8.2 MB)

4 Likes

We just had a quite nice call on the further development of the Incubator, NGI and OCI Lab resonating and feeding into each other.

Here are the notes from the chat:

what to do: What is OCI Lab? What is the plan for the incubator? Who meets when in Stockholm?
OCI Lab started with workshops and webinars during the Festival. It brings together, for example, the perfect pitch workshop
Question: Would it be interesting to invite some of the OCI lab participants to theses calls as vice versa case studies?
we have to identify which setups and properties the platform would need to provide the community part of this.
what does NGI need to be a low-cost pre-acceleration tool?
also mapping out how the communities and projects could feed into each other >> drawing vectors
Channels for energy and excitement to go

1. New co-working space to be used as physical hub for regenerative economy

2. Building group identity

3. Whitepaper
    Use that to raise cash from private individuals and companies
    Role of online in building that identity and the regenerative economy hub
    People to focus on fundraising effort
    Funraisers identified?
    Help to put together the whitepaper
    Commit to fundraising
    And already has cocoon facilitator

4. NGI Community/platform: Sorting/setting up topics as knowledgebase and workspace for project development.
    Modular web kit strategy - #9 by nadia
    websites automatically build from the platform.
    “Designing an engaging Engins”

We want to band together for the 2020 strategy!

this means:

We will have weekly 2 hours dedicated calls.
9-11 of March, NGI and OCI team will meet in Stockholm to plan strategy and Incubator core team will call in.
In April NGI, OCI and Incubator team will meet in person for an intensive work meeting in Stockholm or Berlin.

1 Like

Mechanism design is a field of economics that can be applied to this project. This is something we can use in the project design and reference to validate the model.

https://www.sss.ias.edu/files/papers/econpaper81.pdf

• Mechanism design theory is an economic framework for understanding how businesses can achieve optimal outcomes when individual self-interest and incomplete information may get in the way.
  • The theory is derived from game theory and accounts for individual incentives and motivations, and how these can work for the benefit of the company.
2 Likes

@JZib using mechanism design, how would you see and articulate the incentives inherent to this project?

Would be great if you could join us Tuesday evening in the Incubator call. 17:00 -18:00 CET.
( Launch Meeting - Zoom )

Also: To everyone interested in this thread and project:
I will move this thread to our new NGI cathegory:

“Open Proposal Writing” Category

https://edgeryders.eu/c/ioh/applications

Description:

This is a public open workspace in which you can craft your proposals, calls, project plans and similar.

In doing so you can get help and profit from the experience of other community members while simultaneously contributing to a growing knowledge base.

Proposal writing for grants, answering calls or wording them yourself, finding funding or partners are complex processes. Institutions have developed theses processes and brought them to a point where it is harder and harder to break into the systems from outside.

Here we have the opportunity to help each other as a free community of individuals to empower each other’s projects.

What you can do here:

• Post your 1st, 2nd or 3rd draft and get feedback and help
  • Share and analyses successful and unsuccessful application experiences
  • Read, give feedback and contribute to the drafts others have shared.

Let’s help each other realising ideas that could help everyone!

Tips for what information to include:

1. What is your project about? What’s the problem it solves and how?
  2. What stage are you in?
  3. What call are you answering, grant are you applying for or what other goal do you have with the text/presentation you are crafting??
  4. What do you need concrete help with? People? Skills? Guidance? Clarity?
1 Like

I missed today’s call.
It is in regular calendar schedule now, so speak next week ++

J

1 Like

@JZib, @lylycarrillo,@BlackForestBoi And everyone else interested in this discussion and development.

Here a reminder for our meeting today 17:00 CET

ALSO: I moved the discussion to the new proposal writing cathegory

this might be interesting to those following this thread:

Funding call: How can AI enhanced collective intelligence enable new forms of community responses to the climate crisis?

Collective Intelligence Grants 1.0 | Nesta ping @BlackForestBoi

Ping @lylycarrillo

Thank you @JZib for a very nice call. Your feedback on the project is very much appreciated :slight_smile: