Audio Interviews in Brussels this week in connection with the Skunkworks workshop?

Hi all,

Since so many of us are in town for the skunkworks session this week I thought we could take the opportunitiy to do audio interviews.

This would be for our upcoming series of articles introducing people and conversations happening on planet edgeryders.

The purpose: make more visible who is interested in what in order to enable others with overlapping or complimentary work to connect with them - and give a sense of what this “Edgeryders” space is like.

How it will work:
We record a conversation with the participant about

• brief introduction - name, based in, role in any “home” organisation (e.g current title)
  • what they do/are currently exploring and how
  • a personal (or professional) experience that was especially formative/important to them on their path to where they find themselves
  • deeper reflections about one or two topics that especially matter to them right now.
  • End with a chat about how they find themselves at the skunkworks and some reflections about the work and conversations they are exploring in edgeryders.

We will need:

• 30 minutes of each participants’ time for an interview conducted by me.
  • Audio recording set up in the venue where the skunkworks is happening.
  • Written Consent
  • from @alberto an interview before the actual event to give us a bit of background information about the event and the activities it is a part of.

What do you think @sander @amelia @melancon @Jan @ilaria @hugi @martin @alberto @Richard ?

Monday 16/7

18h00: @melancon
Anytime in the afternoon.

Tuesday 16/7

Location: Attic, Baksteenkaai 74 Quai Aux Briques, 1000 brussels

08h00: @martin (t.b.c)
08h40: @Jan

Wednesday 17/7

08h00:
08h40: @sander

15h00: @hugi

2 Likes

Can you aim for 10 minutes instead? Otherwise you will need to pull people off sessions for extended periods of time.

@nadia Yes, of course. In 1-3 hours I will send an outline of my introductory remarks. I am re-contextualizing several things, by sketching a “global” frame for our work. Will love to talk about it.

Ok. Not sure we will go deep enough then @alberto - would like to produce AEON type articles out of this. So those who are up for it are very welcome to do so. Perhaps some people are arriving earlier/staying than others and could do it before/after the actual workshop?

Another alternative could be short audio interviews and photo on location, followed by a remote interview done over voice chat after the event?

1 Like

You can catch @melancon, @amelia and @hugi Monday late afternoon. And the Brussels crowd of course you can get any time-ish.

Nadia, happy to do the interview … your software eludes me.

Sander

1 Like

No, I’m arriving a late on Monday night, but we can do Wednesday afternoon, my flight to Copenhagen isn’t until 21:00

Great, which of these times might work for you?

Monday 16/7

Tuesday 16/7

08h00:
08h40:

Wednesday 17/7

08h00:
08h40:
Anytim after lunch:

Super :slight_smile: Which of these times might work for you?

Great, which of these times might work for you?

Monday 16/7

Tuesday 16/7

08h00:
08h40:

Wednesday 17/7

08h00:
08h40:
Anytim after lunch:

15:00 wednesday at the Reef?

I am arriving late on Monday (tomorrow). I am there only for our event, so please schedule me the way that best fits the program and your schedule. Flying back to Warsaw on Wednesday at 21:15 pm or so. Where should I send my notes? Here?

How about Wednesday at 8h40?

Sure.

1 Like

Hello @nadia - count on me. Arriving in Brussels on Monday, with partner. We will have to find a slot at Tuesday or Wednesday. - regards, Martin

1 Like

I can try 8.40 AM on Wednesday morning if it is at the same location as the meeting …

Sander

1 Like

Can do Monday, I should be in town at around 4:30pm, can probably make it to The reef at 6pm.

Guy

super

Yeah, sure! Thank you @nadia. I’m in Brussels until the end of July, so… we have plenty of time :slight_smile: