Become a lobbyist in Brussels?

Hi everyone,

I received the following email out of the blue. I suspect it is a result of this post having been spread around. Not sure what to do with this, hanging out at European Commission meetings is not exactly my idea of fun. So I am only interested in following up on what I think is an invitation to get involved if someone/bodies in the community wants to push something. If you are up for doing this instead of me, it would make me even happier :))

"Dear stakeholder,

I am sending you this message to encourage you to become an active participant in EU work around our Digital Future, to explain how we hope to keep you in touch with our activities and to make sure you understand your options.

The new President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker has made it a priority to explain better and more consistently what the EU does and how it affects people. With this in mind, we would like to remind you of the various services which we offer.

The Digital Agenda website is your entry point for news and updates on the Commission’s progress in helping Europe’s citizens and businesses get the most out of digital technologies. You can subscribe to newsletters on various subjects, including a general overview, sign up to participate to events, or join the community to debate directly with other interested stakeholders.

Thank you for your interest in the Digital Agenda.

Yours faithfully,

Robert Madelin

Director General, DG CONNECT"