Being paid for doing what you like-still impossible

NGOs are startups, too

Being an entrepeneur is not first about making money, but daring to undertake a project that will become something permanent. Financing can come from many ways, among them sales (the commercial way), public funding, crowd funding, autarkic supply (growing own foods etc.), philantropic foundations (look at The Awesome Foundation - such a nice idea).

Regarding OSE, take a look at OSE Europe. A year ago, there was not one OSE group in Europe, and now they’re 14 groups. Will not be long till there is one in Romania, if it goes on like that.

Unconditional livable income: more commonly called basic income, which see. We have a lively discussion here in Germany about it at the moment because the German Pirate party wants to introduce it (yet practically speaking, we’re still very far from it).

Great advice

,you sound really encouraging !

There are many options, indeed. I just need not to give up hope.

So basic income is actually provided by state, for free ?

Not yet

According to the basic income proponents, like myself, it should be provided by the state, for free. But it is not. It’s a current proposal, but not yet implemented anywhere worldwide except in a limited sense in Alaska and in some pilot projects.

I can relate to your hatered of money.  Looking at it simply it appears like a good idea - but the more you to a good look into what we have now  (the extreme complexities - which create all kinds of hard to fathom consequences) and the way in which it influences our actions its hard not to have a negative reaction.

There are those who live without money - there are a few of them about http://moneyless.info/ there choices and experiences I find interesting.

I’ve also been interested to look at intentional comunities that, to some degree, have managed to detach themselves from the world of £,$,€.

But what would we replace our money with?   I’ve looked a lot at this.  An alternative currency, sharing, a system with more aware economic planning (all economies are largely shaped by planning - not just the centrally planned economies - see Indicative planning - Wikipedia )?

I find some conflict, an uncertainty, within myself - what do I think is the way forward.  I think we need something much, much simpler than we have now.  Something that does not give ever increasing economic (and in turn political) power to a small number of people.  I could see a number of ways that something better could be implemented.   I can see examples of what I like coming to life.  I guess/hope we will get to something more sensible than the mess we have now. The more we ourselves operate within these different forms economic interaction, the greater their strength and the less the power of the destructive system we have now.

I find it crazy that something that is just a mental construct - a system we invented to enable economic interaction - has become so destructive, so controlling and so all encompassing (at least for us in Europe).  Surely if its all just in our minds we just have to change our minds!

Dear Darren,

Thank you so much for your post. Amazing !

I bookmarked moneyles. info, thank you so much for the link.

I must say I admire these people a lot. Still, I might not be able to do it myself. I love hot water and internet. Giving up these two things would be really hard. It seems that living without money seems equal to living with little to zero comfort.

BUT

Why couldn’t one live without money and still have access to some basic services for free ?

A society based on gifts, barter and sharing would make the best solution, I guess.

I find it crazy that something that is just a mental construct - a system we invented to enable economic interaction - has become so destructive, so controlling and so all encompassing You are right !

I think we need something much, much simpler than we have now.  True.

Let’s find it !

Hello and thank you for your kind words!

I saw the video one month ago when somebody posted on social media! As I found out it is a Dannish chocolate company that promotes the idea of “You can never be too generous”, which I find a positive input in our days!

I would like to see in practise how this would work and how generous people are when money is not involved…

for more inspiration, Cohousing in Milan by Simone is a good example :slight_smile: