Bern User Forum 2023 Transcripts - 03HEI

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and and consumption or the consumer choices that help protect the environment? what do you think.

I think I think it’s important that we all look at ourselves first. So like I said, if we all become vegetarian, if we all stop flying, I think that would already save something. But at the same time, I think the the power of the individual and the individual responsibility is overrated. And it’s a story that is easily solved by by industries to to shift away responsibility that they have. So, yes, there is a responsibility, but it should not be overestimated.

Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

I mean, ultimately it’s an international issue. If you look at the resources, they’re not they’re not bound to borders. They’re not located. They’re transported all over the globe. So it’s a you have global production chain, so you can’t say it’s a local issue, but you have to start on the local scale.

Yeah. And how a circular economy would work with regard to car production in general and electronic components in a car in particular. What do you think?

I’m honestly not. Not, um. I think I’m not the right type of person to answer that question because I have no or very little knowledge about the car industry. So, um, I just think it’s going to be, um, a hell of a challenge to to build a circular economy in the automobile industry. Yeah.

Okay. Thank you very much. Good luck.

Coded