Bern User Forum 2023 Transcripts - 09NAD

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

Individuals can. They can make a difference. And it would be good if everyone did a little bit. However, I think that big companies have to take the responsibilities because it’s very easy to just shift the responsibility onto the consumer and say, Oh, but it’s, you know, you have to recycle and you have to do this. And I think that it starts with with with the transnational companies. They have to take responsibilities for what they do, for externalizing their rubbish and and all these things. And that’s that’s a big part of the process. So that would be a big part of the process.

The last question Do you see the circular economy as a local, national or international issue?

Well, I guess that things usually start it’s probably easier to start bottom up on a on a on a local level. But in the end, if you want to produce things. Usually they’re produced at a national or international level. So if you really want to go forward and you have to put it through at all levels at some stage, yes.

We were touching the car industry, car sector. What do you think? How to implement a circular economy generally with electronic components, for example, in the cars?

I doubt I doubt that electrical cars are the solution in general. So honestly, that’s something I don’t know. I don’t have a solution to that because I don’t know enough about cars or about the car industry. So it’s very difficult to tell.

Okay. Thank you. Last your first name?

Nadine.

Nadine. Okay. Thank you very much. Nadine.

coded