Bern User Forum 2023 Transcripts - 12TOB

When is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about car electronics, what is the first what you think about electronics in the car?

So not electric vehicles, electronic electronics in the car. Not so easy to repair, probably.

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular cars?

Okay. I mean, I’m not an expert in this field, but I can imagine that it makes repairing a bit more complicated so that you need more specific knowledge to be able to repair a car. And this is then a barrier for closing.

Yeah. The economy.

What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy, in your opinion?

one step is moving from traditional engines to to electric engines. I think this is the biggest step, making car more and more efficient, more lighter, easier to repair and stuff like this. So I think there are. A lot of options. But the biggest impact is probably reducing weight and moving from traditional engines to to electric engines. I think this is the biggest step.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example? Gps When are thinking about reuse of car electronics.

I have not thought about this so far, but so for me personally, it is not not the big issue. But I’m not an expert here.

And electronics in general, not only cars.

Yeah. I mean, before we talked about reusing of smartphones and there you definitely have certain concerns. So is all the data cleared or not? And is it possible for the new users to to get access to my old data or not and stuff like this. So reuse always has has this this problem.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes, definitely. So reuse means that we use an existing product as it is, and recycling is just reusing the materials. So we have to to melt some materials and produce new goods. And this is obviously requires energy and it’s just not as efficient as reuse. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means very concerned. How concerned are you about environmental waste and pollution?

Five is very concerned.

Five is very concerned.

Yeah. Five.

Five? Why?

Yeah, because I see our environmental problems and also our environmental goals. And how much time we have left to to to reach these goals. And time is running and actually nothing happens. So that’s why.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?