BOTTA DI CULO! which means "UNEXPECTED STROKE OF LUCK"

I RECEIVED a call from my top internal contact at telecom italia. she reports to president and now she has been asked to work on Corporate Social Responsibility events and innvoation. a completely new field for her. But she relies on me AND she was at blogfestival when i presented wikicrazia in the behalf of professor alberto cottica. and SHE was entusiastic about a brief idea of ER I gave her on the phone in 120 seconds. so telecome menas scenario opportunity (spot the future) single topic opporutnities (payments, finance, technology, cybersecurity…) then she is CSR and innovation events…she loved the idea of matera she also know people there. which mean that we can arrange a LIST of projects and ideas for here asseeemtn and PURCHASE! help me help me. the thigs are serious the opportunity should be taken well!!!

2 Likes

You are hired :slight_smile:

Great news, [Simonedb]! And congratulations: you have just hired yourself as ER LBG’s account manager for our (possibly) firs major corporate client. As a contract is signed, we’ll contract you to lead on this project.

How can we support you to make the sale?

let’s try to do it well

i dont know why in life so many times it happens i ma the first one to do something new…with all the enrgy and time investment this needs!

:wink:

anycase , after sleeping tonight a bit mroe relaxed…i guess that we should be able to present a clear understanding of what ER can do keeping in mind

1. to touch some of the many topics than can be interesting for telecom as a corporate (its not a bank, its telecom)

2. remember that our client should do high level event/content with CSR vie point

3 she is new in the role so she is taking info around and starting everything so will take a bit of time but also good because this is the moment she will try to risk something new more likely

1. better if we can fix the activity within something "big " already. not to ask her to invest to create everything…they will not to. She must trasnfrom everything in an even. i ll try to understand better as we are gonna meet soon in rome. so if we can think about partnersh, situations where we can have a good fit its better

more in concrete

1. finalise the sale deck -> anycase we should exlpain her and she should explain others…

2. adding to it some examples thinking to telecom topics and give a reason as csr

3. identify possibile partenrs on the calendar where to present the outcome or make a workshop or similar

4. (for internal usage) idea of different budgets/timing to execute (broadly not in detail)

5. (for internal usage) who does what when

this just to start

nice day!

s

1 Like

Time for a call maybe?

[Simonedb], maybe it is time we schedule a call. Are you available next week?

Hey guys!

First off: Congratulations Simonedb!!

Second: Could I join the call and understand how you are articulating this?

Thanks and if ok I’ll try to adapt to whatever schedule for next week.

1 Like

Absolutely, welcome aboard!

It makes sense to all take advantage of this “lucky strike” of Simone’s. I dearly hope Nadia can participate too, because she has done most of the work in preparing the material for the storefront( aka public facing) website. [ArthurD], how fare your plans to build a simple, elegant Wordpress with the copy that Nadia and yourself have put together in January?

Great!

Will wait for time & date…

call and meeting

ciao all

i agree . call is important. so lets do it as fast as possibile.

i am meeting the telecom person in rome tuesday so i ll have more info.

lets do it wed/thrusday next week.

if anyone i can speak to about ER is a vailable for a single breif on monday it would be great just maybe to fix soem key points

for sure tuessday i am not going into the ER thing in details.

simone

1 Like

preparing the first meeting

Hi my friends

I am meeting the potential client Monday morning.

So if possible , in order to take advantage as much as possible from the situation, which will be anycase a LISTELING situation more than a SPEAKING one

Would be great to have (by Saturday latest)

1. Any document /presentation sued successfully with clients to have some images/details arguments
  2. Info about the “train” starting soon..even if they will not join , it will give a great perception of life..and undp is great brand
  3. Brief module. Which is the list of topics/questions/infromtion that must be collected to set up well a project. I would suggest to create a template. I imagine that some can be: when, countries involved, topics, purpose (client side), event location, timeframe, parters, burgdet…follow up…report content focus…extra product: video, e-book  slideshow…
  4. Anything else?

Thanks

simone

Following up on our conversation

Guys it was nice chatting with you, you find my notes here. We agreed that Simone would help us with questions inclduing the ones in this document and we would answer them in the form of a slide deck which we are collaboratively producing here.

Aim

• Understanding the exercise and various steps involved, and articulating effective pitches to the different kinds of organisations identified.
  • Describing the Edgeryders community and it's awsomeness 
  • Building a pitch that engages and convinces that investing in the Edgeryders approach to, well..everything, but especially foresight is in prospective clients best interests. How do we convincingly answer the questions of how this approach is different and why is it so unique and effective. E.g. To someone who has never heard about Social innovation?
 So what do we have to work with? I've compiled a package of 2 presentations and 4 e-books. A little background information....
  1. pitched Edgeryders open consultancy at Angelfair in Johannesburg to a bunch of aggressive VCs ( I figured they'd know prospective clients who might be interested). 
  2. Here is an example of productification/breaking down the offer into outputs/deliverables
  3. Something you may find useful is a presentation I did at a Norwegian Wealth management bank (it is tied to the idea of the unMonastery and a new kind of pre-market innovations support system, which I think can be relevant in an african context too [Tiago])
We have a lot of audiovisual materialbeautiful photos and a repository of specially commissioned illustrations for use under creative commons license. Oh and yes we are starting to build a backlog of media coverage.Mainly Italian so far. RSA did a piece on a us a bit ago. We've never bothered to engage with the mainstream media directly, but they seem to think we're cool.

Ok somewhere to start. Fire your questions at me!

any progress

about the new slide deck?  i am meeting them tomorrow afternoon. i shared with them alberto’s writing on che futuro! that helps…of course