There is a new call just published by DG EAC: Preparatory action - Bottom-up Policy Development for Culture & Well-being in the EU with deadline 15th of May.
Budget: 500k (80% of the total eligible costs), only one proposal gets funded. Duration of the project: 18 months, starting in the second part of this year.
- facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience and success stories within the European Union (EU) related to the role of culture for well-being and health
- map the most relevant existing practices in this regard, including those that are financed by European programmes
- improve the capacity of local actors to effectively benefit from culture as a means to increase well-being and health, with a special focus on mental health
- carry out small-scale pilot work on the ground concerning means of cooperating across sectors to enhance the well-being of individuals and communities
- establish and explore synergies between existing policies and programmes, as well as past, ongoing and planned actions – in particular those at the EU level – but also local, (macro-)regional and national initiatives
There are four tasks:
The beneficiary should undertake a desk research that will review existing knowledge
from European and international research on the relationship between citizens’
participation in culture, well-being and health, including digital aspects and the impact of Covid 19.
The beneficiary should carry out a mapping of relevant EU, national, regional and
local programmes, initiatives and projects on culture, well-being and health across the
European Union…The result of this work is expected to be a clear, concise and comprehensive mapping that will serve as a resource for learning and
inspiration for a wide range of relevant actors and organisations.
3. Cross-sectorial and cross-border cooperation:
The beneficiary should facilitate experimental cross-sectorial and trans-European
cooperation with the aim to generate knowledge and compile policy guidelines on how
to enhance well-being through culture…the beneficiary should carry out a minimum of five small-scale innovative pilot projects on the ground in at least four countries across the EU on methods, actions and measures to strengthen cross-sectoral cooperation to harness the power of culture to enhance the well-being of individuals and communities, with a focus on mental health, where relevant…
A systematic communication and dissemination package in order to make sure that the main findings of the preparatory action reach the relevant professionals from the various relevant sectors + final conference.