During last week’s call with DG REGIO, we came up with the idea of organizing a webinar. Its goal is to start a dialogue with the more “adventurous” EU regions, those that would be willing to consider experimenting with new economic paradigms.
It would work like this:
- Hosted by REGIO.
- Financed by REGIO itself, ideally – once they put money into an idea, they become more invested.
- To make a more compelling case, we could tell REGIO we have found some money, and could they please also contribute to budget?
- We can find some money in LTDD for 2021 (cc @IvanC)
- @nadia to ask Frank and the Dutch if they would be up for putting a bit of money of their own. This would be a strong signal for REGIO. The argument is: "can you be one of the leading regions in this space? If REGIO sees a demand from managing authorities, they are compelled to take it more seriously than if it comes from Edgeryders.
- Depending on enthusiasm and availability, this could be a 10K one-shot webinar or a 70K one-year community building program.
Tentative date is February 2021.