Call for motivated cooks: propose your recipe and cook it @ LOTE!

Happy to cook on Friday! I think I will still have time to prepare for my session after lunch, so no problem @ireinga :-)

kitchen party

Hey

In some place on this forum (I always lose track on where which info mosaic stone can be found …) I wrote I’d prefer to cook on thursday.

But I don’t really mind, unless it’s sunday, which won’t work. I will most probably wander around with the storytelling group, so no cooking for me on sunday. :slight_smile:

Apart from that, I’m flexible.

Cheers

Kaja

Just wanted to say I love this thread

nom nom nom nom. Will be a spontanous kitchen help on location other work with LOTE5 commitments allowing. <3

2 Likes

Soup for Fridays lunch sounds good for me

But to summarize it: Are we gonna prepare it at home or are we gonna cook it at the place itself and are we sticking with one dish per meal or more like a buffet?

I mean one soup for 150 people or less?

Made a plan for food!

Hello inspired cooks!

I’ve just been through all your recipes and had a hard time postponing my late lunch, all looks delicious :) @resa @Matteo_Uguzzoni @Iriedawta @Merel @Kaja @Carolina

Since time goes by as fast as Belgian rain I hear on my window, it’s time to fix some last details about our cooking efforts.

I would like all of you to:

1- check the ingredients and quantities I wrote on the page “ingredients” of this file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxKTE46t7OevlKweYAS9kiC3GAAqmhzLMJ47ZsJGVQA/edit?usp=sharing

I had to come up with a price/person per recipe so big time looking for the price details of all your ingredients (I did the exercise with the prices of a Belgian chain called Colruyt cause they have alla prices online, not a big supporter of doing all the groceries there though).

2- write down on the page Inhouse cooks of the same file when you would like to cook and where and which specific equipment you would need if you want to cook at the venue.

3- check the schedule of your “plate” (Inhouse cooks), soups and others can be done of course also some days before being served so just leave a comment if you’d prefer to serve your creation on another day.

4- In case you are up to join the crew for groceries (probably on Wedn 24th) you’ll be our hero! Just let us know if you are in town by replying in a comment.

Thanks and hope this is clear, just get in contact for any questions!

Happy we :slight_smile:

Tabouleh is best when served fresh so idk how I need to manage participating in this workshop and chopping parsley crying @ireinga

1 Like

Urgh let’s see

Maybe an idea is to switch the tabouleh and other Syrian plates (hummus and veggie tagines?) with the Croque Madame? Persil chopping personally takes me ages :S @Carolina @Evamus

Is hummus and veggie tagines still on the plan btw?

Ok for Saturday! Do let me

@ireinga Ok for Saturday if it’s ok for the girls?

Do let me know how many tagine pots(preferably used ones as the new ones need special treatment at least a day in advance and the first tagine cooked in the new pot is not the best) you can get and I will add the ingredients accordingly(one pot can serve approx. 4 pax).

As for the hummus, we need a food processor, is it feasible?

Also, fyi tagine is a uniquely Moroccan specialty and not Syrian :wink:

1 Like

Groceries

I will land in Bruxelles Wednesday 24th, so if the grocerie tour is late afternoon, i’m in!

1 Like

It should be!

Let you know at what time we’re going and the meeting point :wink:

For any last minute question 0032486244096

Updated

Hi Irene,

I’ve updated the details for my dish. Couldn’t work out why things had changed until i realised you must have thought the quantities i had listed were for 4 people, when they were actually for 120 people! It was looking very expensive per head, now it’s down to just over 3Euro/per person. Which is much more reasonable for a simple veg dish like this.

Alex

1 Like

Exactly

Could not understand the math myself

Quantities? For how many people do I plan now?

Dear Irene

Could you please help me out with understanding the planning of the quantities of the food?

Do I understand it right from the excel that so far we have two dishes on thursday night, each calculated for 120 people?

Should I, therefore, adapt my recipee to 60 people? My inner russian says: cook too much, so we have something for hungover

binge-eating sessions at 4 am - not double of what we need though :wink:

But I will happily downsize, in case that’s what the “task” was, when you said “check the qantities” :slight_smile: Just want to make sure I get this the right way.

Cheers

Kaja

Quantities

Hi Kaja,

Hello (waves),

So we’re both cooking dishes for the Thursday night. It looks like both of them could be main course dishes or starters.

My thought is we should offer them both up at the same time and let people choose if they want just one, or some of both (i would choose this option every time).

We’re using a lot of the same ingredients so it would make sense to combine forces.

That way we both cater for slightly fewer people each. Maybe cater for 90-100.

Thoughts?

Alex

90-100 people each plate sound good

I like Alex solution! And indeed in case there will be leftovers I’m pretty sure it won’t be wasted (at 4am ot the day after :))

On Monday I’m going to check personally all the kitchen equipment needed and will do an inventory so we fill all the missing gaps.

Time to cook & joined forces

Okay!

I adapted my recipee, which was easy, because it was apparently rather calculated for 100 people than 120. :wink:

(Testcooked it again for my team this week and that’s what I learned!)

ireinga, would it be possible to cook rather early on thursday, maybe around lunchtime? Will there be some help from about 3 people?

And I wanted to add some bread to the ingredients list, but seriously can’t come up with a kg-estimation. Maybe 150 g per person?

Indeed, bread is needed

I’ll confirm the early Thursday cooking club (would be nice to already eat there together as a start :D). I hope tomorrow I will get an answer from the venue contact person. As a general reference it should be good.

Which kind of bread do we need? Something like this? I know where to get it cheap.

“how many people?”

Another question:

The column “how many people” is referring to how many people I need for the cooking party, right?

Because the amount of mouths to feed is in the column with the ingredients, already.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Kaja

Nope it’s how many mounths

We’re feeding on that dinner/lunch. In our participant list we have 150 people and we’re having an hard time estimating how many will finally show up for each day. We guessed that on the weekend there will be more people…