House #3: E. S. House
More pictures (or click the one above for a slideshow)
Location. Ca. 800 m ("1 minute driving") away from the center of Sidi Kaouki. Three walking minutes from the beach.
Description. In total the space that can be rented in this house (which is everything except one apartment) contains 3 kitchens, 5 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and 2 toilets.
The ground level contains three apartments with one sleeping room, one kitchen and one bathroom each (see the last few photos). One apartment was occupied and would not be included in the rent. Upstairs there is a nice large living room, three bedrooms and a kitchen.
All upstairs rooms have access to the large rooftop terrace. The ground floor rooms have access to the garden, which is quite huge (and has a swimming pool). There is also a land next to the house that we can rent for a festival. "The house and land around is huge."
So in total, five sleeping rooms are available, which could fit a maximum of 15 people at 3 per room (one double bed already inside, and single beds could be added). But of course, we don't need to host 15 people.
Equipment. Fully furnished.
Price. Usually the owner just rents out the upper floor, but agreed that for 800 EUR/month (960 USD/month) we can we can get access to the two apartments downstairs as well. At another occasion, a number of 1000 EUR/month (1170 USD/month) was floated for that by @dailylaurel. We have to find out in detail in the negotiation.
Owner. See the contact info section (access protected).
- "The place is cute, really. The apartments downstairs are slightly darkish." – @dailylaurel
- "Comment: furnished is nice, but it adds a kind of liability in having to keep the landlord's stuff in nice shape." – @johncoate
- When fitting 3 people into each of the 5 rooms, where would the workspace be?
- Would the third, inaccessible apartment in the ground floor be part of the space when renting it? No, right?
- What are the shops and other amenities nearby, and how far are they?