There is a nice call for proposals for EU action grants in the field of Citizens’ engagement
and participation under the Citizens, Equality, Rights and Value Programme (CERV) that will be launched on Thursday, with deadline 10th of February 2022.
The Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values programme provides funding for citizens engagement, equality for all and the implementation of rights and EU values. The programme brings together the former Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme and the former Europe for Citizens programme.
The call provides an opportunity to broadly cover a variety of policy areas, and to contribute to the promotion of EU values, the rule of law, fundamental rights and democracy. While maintaining a bottom-up approach, there will be a specific focus on:
- the 2024 European Parliament elections, which are central to strengthening and nurturing democracy in the EU, with further efforts needed to promote the participation of citizens in the elections. This priority could also promote EU citizenship rights and contribute to the implementation of the European democracy action plan and the EU Citizenship Report 2020;
- exploring how the COVID-19 crisis has affected the democratic debate and the enjoyment of fundamental rights;
- innovative democratic approaches and tools to help citizens make their voices heard and publicly exchange views on all areas of EU action, notably digital tools (‘e-democracy’);
- countering disinformation and other forms of interference in the democratic debate, empowering citizens to make informed decisions by helping them identify disinformation and promoting media literacy, with journalists’ involvement;
- engaging citizens and communities in discussions and action related to our climate and environment; there is a growing interest of civil society and associations in discussing climate and green issues and proposing solutions to decision makers.
The available call budget is EUR 17 471 295.
Partnership composition: minimum 3 entities from 3 different eligible countries.