Christmas & NY Party 7 Jan

Hi everyone,

The end of the year is slowly inching closer and I would like to kickstart the organization of the Christmas-NY party! :slight_smile: This would be on Saturday the 7th of January.

My suggestion would be to do it at our place (in Forest). We have hosted parties before with up to 50 people at a certain point, so the location has been tried and tested. :wink:

My first idea was to make it a potluck, but maybe you want something fancier? Any ideas are welcome.

Would you like to work around a theme or would you like to do a certain activity?

Let me know your thoughts! Thx :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So cool!

Potluck sounds great in my eyes.

Not much into themes myself… BUT there is one on my mind:
“Fancy Reef Creatures” haha

But I do enjoy parties where people dress up a little more fancy than in their every day life. (But in the end it is up to every individual of course.)

I will work that day, but have requested a morning shift. Is there a starting time already?

2 Likes

Haha, I love the ‘Fancy Reef Creatures’ idea :slight_smile:

No, there is no starting time decided yet, but we might as well do it now: Say from 18h onwards?

18h or 18.30h sounds good.

Can’t write much now, but tagging @reef-logistics to make the threat more visible to the rest of Team Logistics.

I think a theme party is a good idea as long as it is a theme that is easy to implement and that has buy-in from people. :slight_smile:

Another idea I had was to do a Secret Santa, even though given the date of the party, it would be more of a Befana/Three Kings thing. It could be a nice way to get to know people better and I also personally like giving presents. :slight_smile: It should be something with a max. spending amount of €10.

1 Like

Won’t be there but I like the idea! Maybe we could extend it to the whole group if people are up for that?

1 Like

All up for potluck and secret santa :slight_smile:

@reeflings

Hello Reeflings old and new!

This saturday we’re going to have our Christmas/NYE party!
You’re all welcome from 17h onwards at Rue Roosendael 102, 1190 Forest :slight_smile:

It’s going to be a potluck, so everyone brings something to eat and to drink. To prevent us from having to eat cake each day for the week after that (which is what we are doing in our house at the moment…), here is an excel sheet where you can put which food and drink you will take: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/s/JgJE9fdLWY7x5nB

The theme of the party will be presented to you asap :wink:

4 Likes

And the dress-up theme will be…drum roll: Chinese astrological signs! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Cannot access the spreadsheet from the phone. Will bring some cheese.

As for the theme, sorry, too short notice. Next time.

I will be joining a bit later, as my train from Germany only arrives at 5:30 at Midi and I still need to drop my things, but I practically live on the way then, so it shouldn’t take too long. Not sure I can spontaneously work with the theme either, but will see if I still have a creative impulse :slight_smile: See you soon!

No worries, the theme is optional! Come as you are! :slight_smile:

I will pass by with my gift around 1830.
Sadly, I dont think I will be able to stay long.

But I can wish everyone the best!

I’ll not make it before 6.30-7.00pm but will bring my partner along :wink:
seeya!
Ralf