Clarify submission modality for SME Instrument

I did some cursory research on how to submit a proposal, because I am eager to start working on the application form. It seems that there is none: apparently you submit online from this page. This is a bit confusing, as the banner reports that you can only submit to Phase 2, whereas we want to submit to phase 1. Plus, you need login data into the EU research portal to even access the submission form and – hopefully – solve the puzzle.

Can you do this ASAP, @ArthurD? By “this” I mean log in and copy what you see that we can set up a shared document  I really don’t want to discover at the last minute that we are missing critical information and we need to ask. @Matthias, you have been deft at discovering this kind of stuff in the past: any information you might have or discover would be really handy.

1 Like

Done

Uploaded onto the drive.

It’s longer than I thought. :frowning:

Umh great …

Great that you found and compiled this stuff. Means the work starts for real now :slight_smile: (So does Twinbit have their set of login data to the EU Research Portal already that you mention above?)

Honestly, that form is straightforward horrible for 50k. What were they thinking, and who’s gonna read those 500 of these for the Phase 1 projects of 2013/14? I will need juicy pauses every 1.5 hours when filling this in …cheeky

As I assume we will just work in the document you linked above, I might start by getting used to it while fixing some formatting …

A terse submission

Matt, the structure of the technical annex is exactly the same as for “normal” (1-2 million) H2020 stuff. Remember, SME Instruments are new: no one knows exactly what a good submission looks like. I propose we do the following:

1. address all issues raised in the technical annex (excellence, impact, implementation etc.), because they are relevant.
  2. But address them tersely, aiming for a very short submission. Example: Q. Which user needs have been identified and will be met upon completion of the project? A. Cheap data and cheap computation have opened up new opportunities for our clients. Some of them are now deploying open source web-based technology to offer sophisticated services. This trend holds the promise to disrupt the consultancy market 4 trillion USD. We wish to enable our customers to stay at the forefront of this movement; specifically, we wish to enable them to use Drupal technology to do scalable online ethnographic research. Ethnographic techniques (also called QDA, Qualitative Data Analysis) are increasingly used to power high-end consultancy services like evaluation, sensemaking, foresight, sensemaking, change management. 
  3. let's remember to write the proposal from the point of view of TwinBit, not Edgeryders!

Thank you for anything you can do. I am now on the road again – I was hoping to do the writing while in Brussels, but the need to forge a partnership got me sidetracked.