Collaboration with SMARTBE progress

Next étappe in LOTE5: making the most of Antiheroes-Smart-Edgeryders mingle of communities. I met with Lieza Dessein (our SmartBe contact person) and discussed/decided on the following:

We need the list of technical needs today or tomorrow so that Lieza can make reservations, @ireinga and @Noemi is that doable? Bonus question: can we make our lunch and dinner with two kitchens instead of three? This makes Lieza job on building security much easier.

We also need a press release so that Lieza can push information forward through Smart communication channels. For that, she’ll check the email through which she sold the project to her bosses and the Antiheroes facebookevent and see which info she reckons can be reused. She’ll check what the protocal is for sending out pres releasees through Smart. But any other ideas on how to mold LOTE5 into one clear paragraph are so very welcome.

We’re gonna do Midi-Smarts (lunch break talks/get-togethers) on LOTE5 to involve the Smart direction and employees. Lieza will do the one for the direction and we will do the one for the employees, to present what we’re doing and show how we can make their lives easier.

Then, who’s up for some Molenbeek action? We hope y’all are cause it’s happening fo so. 26th in the evening. Question is: how exactly do we want it? Themed on art or on social change? Dependin on that we can plan expo + tour + dinner.

What time do we think we’ll end on Sunday? @Alberto @Nadia based on your previous experiences?

In case people with limited ability/wheelchair requirements are coming, we can arrange a minivan for them to join nighttime activities. There is an elevator in the mainbuilding too.

Hackistan is setting up their new office in the BAF attick, which is a space we’d like to use too → fingers crossed they’re LOTE5 enthusiastic and want to collaborate. @ireinga, you know them, right?

That’s all for now! Anyone have questions on our venue?

Technical spreadsheet

Sounds super Irene, and ideas for scheduling the after hours activities are much welcome. Irene knows better, but I think we’re good to go. Basically if we have enough chairs, connectivity and extension chords (as many as possible) I think we’ll be alright. Since we have a kitchen, ideally we’d avoid too much plastic stuff, and have reusable cups and plates to the extent it’s possible and not too much of a hassle for our hosts (even if they’re plastic, we’d ask everyone to write their names on them).

Are we going to cook for both lunch and dinner? Lunch usually would take a lot of time out of the schedule, you need a whole crew to do just that for two hours, plus cleaning up. Last year in Italy we prepared a list of necessities thoroughly and ended up with quite a lot of mobilization to feed less than 80 people. It went smoothly, it’s super fun, we just need to plan well.

Sunday don’t think we’ll be in after 19:00. I expect we’ll be starting later than 9:30, so ending late afternoon is a safe bet.

Socially engaged creativity…

If it were up to me. People can call themselves artists or social innovators or whatever they want- what is interesting is what they are doing to make things better/more interesting, not who they are imho :))

Direction signs?

SmartBE is big and quite the maze, so people will spend some time just trying to find the right room. Direction signs can help. With direction signs, you normally get the need to give rooms a name – in LOTE5 we had the Cave, the Hall, and the Meeting Room.

I imagine venue final preparation will happen on the 25th afternoon. Unfortunately, Nadia, Noemi and I will be busy all that day with the OpenCare consortium meeting and unable to help. Please let us know of anything we can do ahead of time