consent funnel with regions week event

Hello,

I reached out to the EU Regions Week Organisers to request how they handle their privacy and how we could include our funnel.

Their recommendation was:

"

**7. Who has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?**

Access to your personal data is provided to the Commission staff responsible for carrying out this processing operation and to authorised staff according to the “need to know” principle. Such staff abide by statutory, and when required, additional confidentiality agreements.

The recipient of the data are the  **Communication unit of DG REGIO, contractors and The European Committee of the Regions.**

"In your particular case, we would suggest you to add in the session description a summary of how do you use the content of your session and insert an hyperlink to your policy, specifying this is only relevant to what happens during their session.

You may also share documents with participants by uploading them in the CMS. If you want to collect e-mail addresses for sharing documents with a restricted audience, you could also ask participants to either give their email addresses in the chat (but other participants can see) or you can tell participants they should write to a given address to say they want to receive the documents."

@andreja, if I supply you with the participant information sheet for that event could you make sure it get’s included there as they suggested?

They are already recording and publishing the sessions:

"All sessions of the EWRC will be recorded by us and available on the website afterward.

Feel free to consult our privacy statement which is accessible from the link “Privacy policy” in the footer of the event web site: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/privacy-policy_en."

@amelia, could you check out this info sheet they use and see if we need more or if that is already covering the bases?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: :green_book: Consent Process Manual

I would definitely link to this in your consent funnel.

I do not understand what you mean by that, sorry.

They do the registration, everyone gets their privacy letter by defold. we can only add some stuff on top from our side. Is it ok if we just link the sheet in the description since everyone sees that when registering?

I don’t know your process for this event but I recommend linking this sheet somewhere so it’s accessible to everyone before the event.

1 Like