Coordination and outreach in Matera

This team gets busy doing all the event organisation related work in Matera and engage Materani and Lucani in participating at LOTE4 as part of Edgeryders indirect strategy for local and regional development.

The work involves:

• Figuring out logistical needs. Where can 50 chairs be found? What about 100? Who has them? Part of the work is making a list and making sure we know who to ask. Same for travel arrangements, booking hotels, etc. 
  • Doing local engagement. Talking to people to encourage them to present sessions curating an Italian version of the website; maybe doing a small preparatory event one month out (late September). Also making sure updates in Italian happen.
  • Ensuring a good online communication with the rest of the teams by posts and updates on the Edgeryders platform so everyone is kept in the loop.

This team is coordinated by @Natalia Skoczyla and most of the work starts end of August, so if you want to help leave a comment below/send her an email at natalia@edgeryders.eu and she’ll happily get in touch. Leave a comment below if you want to join in as the other team coordinator!

Tasks to be completed by this team

Do local outreach and engagement in Matera | Basilicata

more tasks will be added here by team coordinators!

Steps to get your Lote4 ticket

1. Complete the tasks above OR create a new one based on what needs to be done, and complete it. If you need help don’t hesitate to ask by leaving a comment below. Each task is worth a proportion of the ticket value, and you need to complete enough of them to get one and come to Matera.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

Local engagement

I’m ready to start the work and I’ll do all I can to engage lucani to join the community and lote4. I’ll work online with my contacts and the blog that I coordinate and offline meet people that are doing interesting project and can be interested to partecipate.

Nico, thank you so much! You can stay in touch with me via email, natalia@edgeryders.eu, I will be in Matera from the end of September on for the whole month, so we can cooperate and do some nice, involving initiatives that would warm up the citizens before the LOTE and encourage them to come. Are you coming to lote? If so, purchase your ticket on makerfox and send me your makerfox login, so I can keep the track and confirm you ticket later on;)

Hi, I can help with the engagement of materani, I lived there for a year and was part of unmonastery for the last 2 months, I speak fluent italian and know a lot of people there. The only problem is that I am starting the Camino de Santiago by the end of this week and it will be impossible for me to have a computer until the end of the month. anyway I will try to help as much as I can through my contacts in Matera and afterwards I can come and help directly from matera or during the first weeks of october. let me know what I can do

1 Like

Local help

Hi all,

I live in Matera (actually it is just two week that I moved here). Anyway, I’ll be here in the next months and even if I do not know many people here, I can help with everything that can relate to the city, I’ll do my best, I promise! :slight_smile:

ciao

Hello Azzurra! I will come to Matera later this month to work from the spot, therefore I am superhappy to have a person willing to help out. Let’s meet and discuss possible actions. Do you speak Italian? And, meanwhile, if you find some interesting local stories on stewardship, this will be also appreciated as we are gathering them exactly at the moment. looking forward to meeting you!

Meeting in Matera

Hi Natalia,

yes I do speak Italian, actually I am from Italy! It will be a pleasure to meet you here, let me know once you’ll be here so we can arrange a meeting. Meanwhile if you need any help for whatsoever just let me know.

Looking forward to meeting you,

even sooner?

@NicoBis is just about to start his journey to look for community initiatives in the area, I’m sure he could use a hand. Or perhaps you two already know each other? How small is too small?:slight_smile:

Yes, small world

Hi Natalia,

yes I already know @NicoBis :slight_smile: and I will be more than happy to help him.

@NicoBis you can contact me via fb o email to coordinate.

Marking done

:slight_smile: