Corinne Cath-Speth

@ccs
Corinne_Cath-circle-768x768
Cultural anthropologist of technology governance, Oxford Internet Institute
Corinne Cath-Speth is a PhD student at the Oxford Internet Institute and Alan Turing Institute for AI. She is a cultural anthropologist studying Internet governance culture. Her PhD presents an ethnographic case study of human rights NGOs working in Internet governance organizations. She is interested in the Internet companies most people have never heard of but use every day and the human rights organizations targetting them to develop “human rights-respecting” computer code. Her other research interests include AI governance, digital activism and the politics of emoji design.

Prior to joining the OII, she worked as a policy officer for the digital team of human rights NGO ARTICLE 19 and as a policy advisor for the US House of Representatives. She has an MSc in Social Science of the Internet from the University of Oxford and an MA in International Relations from the University of Utrecht.

In her spare time she loves coffee, comics and capoeira.

Hi @nadia,

Thanks for tagging me, but can you provide me with a bit of background as to why you posted this here though? This bio is a bit outdated :wink:

Kind regards,

CCS

Hi Nadia,

Thanks a ton! I don’t see any options for editing. So instead I just rewrote the text to reflect my current bio:

//////////
Corinne Cath-Speth is a PhD student at the Oxford Internet Institute and Alan Turing Institute for AI. She is a cultural anthropologist studying Internet governance culture. Her PhD presents an ethnographic case study of human rights NGOs working in Internet governance organizations. She is interested in the Internet companies most people have never heard of but use every day and the human rights organizations targetting them to develop “human rights-respecting” computer code. Her other research interests include AI governance, digital activism and the politics of emoji design.

Prior to joining the OII, she worked as a policy officer for the digital team of human rights NGO ARTICLE 19 and as a policy advisor for the US House of Representatives. She has an MSc in Social Science of the Internet from the University of Oxford and an MA in International Relations from the University of Utrecht.

In her spare time she loves coffee, comics and capoeira.

////////

Does that work for your purposes?

1 Like

It does, thanks - are you ok with that photo?

1 Like

yap! thanks for checking though :slight_smile: