Culture of Solidarity Fund

The Culture of Solidarity Fund of the EU Cultural Foundation is now open and it’s very interesting:

https://www.culturalfoundation.eu/culture-of-solidarity

Especially because they are looking to support the initiatives that “sustain people-to-people interaction beyond European borders and in times of travel restrictions and social distancing”. The grants are up to 50k.

@noemi @nadia interested?

3 Likes

Yes sure. Do you think we can repurpose the one we did for the wefunder? https://wefunder.com/edgeryders

Hm, we would need to explain the project’s relevance to the theme of the call.
How will it reinforce solidarity and the notion of Europe as a shared public space in response to the current crisis and its aftershocks? What makes the proposal imaginative and cultural? How is the European dimension demonstrated?
If not, maybe adapt the OCI Lab somehow towards the cultural entrepreneurship?

We could event present the entire covid community response as a project. It involves both the Mooc and the OCI lab method, and add a sort of a cultural dimension to it

2 Likes

I have so many failed experiences with this foundation that I am skeptical. I don’t know anyone who got funded, and also don’t know how to write these applications better for them - because they don;t provide feedback.

But if you want to pursue it and are obviously much more experienced than I with cultural funding, I’m happy to help!

1 Like

Oh wait, Marina: you got funded before right?? :slight_smile: Ok, my bad! Then you could definitely help make it better!

no, we got it from the Allianz Kulturstiftung. This Foundation really receives a huge amount of applications, so not super easy to get…anyway, I would try since we already have a lot of it written. When I have the draft I’ll share with you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To follow up on this. Considering all the current activities and thinking what would most fit for this call, I reached out to @MariaEuler & @federico_monaco who are working on this, as the idea is very creative having already this artistic, cultural aspect. We decided to present as a project a series of two webinars and potentially two MOOCs (one being our distributed collaboration), therefore targeting different types of audiences. This will also include our video tool which is in development…we are not aiming for a huge budget (to have higher chances), but still getting any support would be valuable. We will be working on the documents here. Our next call is on Wednesday 22nd.

4 Likes

The application was submitted. Let’s see :slight_smile: thanks @MariaEuler, @federico_monaco and @owen. In any case we can always be on the lookout for the new funding opportunities and use this project idea.

4 Likes

Great!
Well done!
Thanks for supporting me.
@owen if you need to do any test before the 3rd just ping me

2 Likes

Thanks @federico_monaco - I’ll push some updates over the next week, and will ping you then.

1 Like

@MariaEuler check some early logos for VIC. Let me know if there’s a winner on your opinion or give some suggestions. Thanks! 0 0 0 0

1 Like

Hi @MariaEuler check the scheduling of the event because there’s 6th of May ViConnect Play&Culture Prototype Webinar Event
although in the text is the right one. I’ll spread the info among my network as well. Thanks

Yes, go with the text. I had asked Owen to turn the posts into events for technical reasons and there the confusion happened will fix in 2h time when I have a computer

fixed

1 Like

VIC%20poster Later i share few slides to explain the workflow… this is the poster and …the first slide :slight_smile: Do you think it can work or should i improve it somehow? So, it will take place within the Internet of Humans frame just to have an idea of how posts and conversations should take place.

2 Likes

will set up your subcategory in Internet of HUmans this evening or tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

1 Like