Cyklopen

Cyklopen, another culture house in Stockholm and friends of ours at Blivande, might like their own Discourse forum. Seeing that theirs is a non-profit entity that runs on donations without any employees, I think the rate of 500 EUR for the setup would fit the bill. They would like to know if that’s possible.

@matthias, @daniel - what do you think?

2 Likes

Works for me – we can waive monthly costs because it’s for “friends and family”. That works for those who can learn Discourse by themselves and don’t need much in terms of support.

2 Likes

Great! I will let them know. :slight_smile:

I love them. Was so sad when their first space was destroyed (was it Nazis that burned it down? Memory fails me). Matt if we can do this I would even contribute some personal money for this <3

3 Likes

Indeed, that’s exactly what happened. What the nazis were not expecting was that this would mobilize hundreds of people to raise millions in cash and build a new and improved space that was explicitly built to be both beautiful and fireproof.

1 Like

Hugi you know who you might want to talk to (maybe he’s already in blivande or in cycklopen). A couple of yeas ago an architecture student I think it was, designed a small shelter and put it um under a bridge (långholmen maybe?). The concept was setting up shelters in unused places in the city. Then he got into some trouble with the kommun because it was not fit to standard for housing. Maybe his name was Max?

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Was it Victor Marx? He’s the architect behind the new space. @jakobskote had a conversation with him recently.

1 Like

JA! Det var bostadstornet!!!

2 Likes

Hi all, Linus from Cyklopen here. Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words! I will come back to you all as soon as possible.

4 Likes

hej Linus :slight_smile: Welcome to Edgeryders, looking forward to see what we cook up together and also congratulations on the space, it looks lovely.