This is mostly for @melancon, but in the spirit of working out loud…
OpenCare will produce some software to look at online conversations. The first step is to build a simple (non-semantic) social network representation of the OpenCare conversation, which is a subset of the Edgeryders one.
The problem: the OpenCare conversation is spread across three places.
- The OpenCare Research Group, originally simply called OpenCare
- The Op3nCare Community Group, created on 2016-02-19 as it became clear that the original group was mixing administrative stuff and content stuff.
- The new Challenge Response type nodes (here).
- Go through the Research group and assign non-admin content to the Op3n Care community group. Convert into Challenge responses the posts that look more like open care stories.
- Keep all of the content in the Community group.
- Keep all the content in the Challenge Responses.
This is now done. Guy and I have created views to export the content database thus selected in JSON format. Accessing the views requires admin powers.
- users: https://edgeryders.eu/en/admin/structure/views/view/clone_of_users_for_edgesense/edit
- content: https://edgeryders.eu/en/admin/structure/views/view/guy_content/edit
- comments: https://edgeryders.eu/en/admin/structure/views/view/guy_comments/edit
Results are encouraging. At the time of writing, we have:
- 54 different users involved in the conversation (includes the OpenCare team!)
- 156 between challenge responses, posts, wikis, events.
- 1,104 comments