I’ve kicked off the work of building the artwork for Witness ahead of our November 29th event. We depart from the concept sketches that @prgrzn_10 and I developed. A@yudhanjaya’s topology descriptions in the Witnesspedia entries for each distrikt serve as a backdrop ( summary here). This wiki is where I will post regular updates so anyone who likes can be involved.
Anyone can contribute artwork. The intention is to build a crowdfunding campaign, and take part of the revenue to pay for the artworks contributed by community members. The process is a kind of benevolent dictatorship in which I do the creative leadership and take the decisions about what materials we use. But we keep the process inclusive and transparent by doing the development here together with everyone who wants to participate.
So: What do we need?
- Illustrations for each Witness distrikt
- Illustrations for 3 categories of adverse events in the game (Ecological, Economic, Social).
- Illustrations for Event Cards (90 cards)
- Illustrations for Distrikt Cards (90 dcards)
- Illustrations for Technologies Cards (90 dcards)
- A logo for Witness
- Badges for each Witness distrikt (should be coherent with the logo for the game)
- Graphic design for digital flyers and digital headers
- Graphic design/layout for the print version of the cards
- Graphic design for the booklet and player scorecards
How to contribute?
Pick a deliverable from the list above, say you want to submit a proposal for it in a comment below - asking in it any questions you need answered before you start, then post your work in a new comment. I will then give feedback directly to your comment. The contributions that are selected will then be included in the budget for which we are fundraising. You can make more than one contribution.
Or you can just go ahead and post something