Different economic systems, one floating megacity: introducing Witness

I want to take part in the webinar.
Yes

Introduce yourself
I would like to contribute to developing the underlying material and energy model for the envisioned futures.

Witnesspedia entries
I work in seaweed materials development. We have a strong focus on island economy regeneration thinking of islands as a closed-loop ecosystem to develop new ways of interacting with the physical / energy world.

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
Iā€™m an activist in the field of alternative relationships and intimacy. I started reading sci-fi as a child, and have always been intrigued by the worldbuilding in these books.

Witnesspedia entries
I would like to contribute by describing interpersonal relationships,intimate connections, new definitions of family and kin by choice. Witness needs a red light district, one that is not build on exploitation but empowerment and collaboration

3 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
We are living in a world of wicked problems and ā€œbeyond the normalā€. The time to search for single domain solutions is over. If one wants to tackle the wicked problems of our time, we have to go beyond our - economical - current state of things and change the DNA of the paradigms that shape our world.

I am very interested to exchange, contribute and build alternative ecosystems in which new perspectives and ideas can be ā€œtestedā€.

Witnesspedia entries

I have been looking into The Dandelion Republic as it is a economic as well as a social/ cultural experiment in its line of thinking.

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
i am already midway between a science fiction writer and an economist: I am an activist with a twitter account. I am satoshi nakamoto, come to reclaim the true spirit of blockchain technology, to redistribute the memes of production.

Witnesspedia entries
in the pipeline towards signing up for this webinar i have not encountered a wiki, so thereā€™s no specific entries for me. But the concept itself is compelling enough to sign up.

3 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
My name is Carlos Jonay SuĆ”rez, Iā€™m Digital Strategy Consultant and Remote Work Advocate. Iā€™m interested in this topic because I have an Economics degree and I believe in new ways to build new economic systems.

I think to experiment, debate and generate together is the basis to built interesting things between humans :slight_smile:

Witnesspedia entries
First, Iā€™m here to hear about others, get ideas, and contribute with my opinions, and related with this, with my resources too.

The ā€œstorytellingā€ of this project sounds really good, and that wakes up my interest in it :smiley:

I hope to cooperate and give somethings to the project :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
I am a second year MSc student in Mathematics, with a strong interest in speculative fiction and world building.

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
Iā€™m English, retired and interested in politics in the broader sense. I have seen many changes in my lifetime and Iā€™m interested in thinking about what will come along during the lifetimes of later generations.

Iā€™m not sure how I could contribute, but I would like to tag along to find out more.

Witnesspedia entries
Iā€™m still half way through the article on the history of Hygge, so I have no particular preferences yet.

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
I am a researcher of science fiction interested in how it can help devise solutions for the problems of today.

Witnesspedia entries
Fictional economic papers, illustrations, videos, music and data visualizations.

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
Francesco Verso is a multiple-award Italian Science Fiction writer and editor. He has published: Antidoti umani, e-Doll, Nexhuman, Bloodbusters and I camminatori (made of The Pulldogs and No/Mad/Land). Nexhuman and Bloodbusters, translated in English by Sally McCorry, have been published in the US, UK and soon in China for Bofeng Culture. He also works as editor and publisher of Future Fiction, a multicultural project, dedicated to scouting and publishing the best SF in translation from the world, (more than 20 countries and 10 languages) with authors like James P. Kelly, Ian McDonald, Han Song, Ken Liu, Liu Cixin, Vandana Singh, Chen Qiufan, Xia Jia and others. He may be found at www.futurefiction.org.

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
Iā€™m interested in any sideways path to collaborative group thinking.
This in particular connects to some ideas of worldbuilding familiar from tabletop RPGs, but taking it beyond what Iā€™m used to. [though peope here might find some inspiration from the RPG Microscope RPG Ā» Lame Mage Productions]
I also think taking fiction seriously is a great way to consider the world.

Witnesspedia entries
Generally, the Life section. Especially Risk Bushido and Goro Suggestions

3 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
Iā€™m a Community Builder & Iā€™d like to cross-connect multiple communities I am taking part in: RIPE (network operators & internet infrastructure), hackerspaces (TechInc, LAG, CCC), UnCiv (critical thinking about technology & collapse of ecosystems / civilisationā€¦); Data Feminists / CyberFeministsā€¦

Witnesspedia entries
yes :wink:

https://becha.home.xs4all.nl

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself
Iā€™m Fabio Fernandes, a science fiction writer based in Sao Paulo, Brazil. For a number of years now I have been writing a more optimistic kind of SF, which you could call Solarpunk. Iā€™m very interested in thinking healthy, sustainable alternatives for us to live better in this world - right now and in the future too. I think I can contribute joining the brainstorming and helping to create better scenarios for humanity.

Witnesspedia entries

2 Likes