Does this mean we did not make it in this round of SMEInst?

I found this tweet from @ICTinnovEU, linking to a news article saying: “Under the Open Disruptive Innovation (ODI) topic, 29 projects from 12 countries have been pre-selected for funding.”, with a graph showing that none of them is from Italy :frowning:

But they have some more stats and figures in there: 2666 proposals in total, of which 155 are going to be funded in this round with 50k EUR each. That’s 5.8% winners, compared to 0.24% winners in EU Social Innovation Competition. So @Alberto was right about “good chances” in this call. It seems worth to try again next time, as we hopefully will receive their scoring for our application in August.

1 Like

Ok! Let’s reload catapult and fire again!

I think that the topic was very interesting and it worths to be refined and submitted again!

WHoa

I am surprised and disappointed. Looking forward to the evaluation report.

Stats update for second cut-off date

The statistics from the second cut-off date of SMEInst applications are out: they received 1900 applications this time. See this EC news release, which also breaks this down per country and per topic, and compares with those from the first cut-off date.

The really interesting thing is here that we (esp. @Alberto) had assumed that the second and following cut-off dates would have many more applications than the first, as “people tend to skip deadlines”. But it’s the opposite (2666 to 1900: down 29%). So if we – or @ElenaT or whoever else – have something again for H2020, it makes sense to try …

Not a good fit

ER is not a good fit for SME Instruments – the EU does not like it that we are non profit. We could partner up again with @marco.giacomassi and TwinBit, of course. Do you (@Matthias) think this would be a good way to add fuel to the OpenEthnographer project? Do we even need it?

For another idea, another time

Didn’t mean to imply we need more funding for Open Ethnographer … since we don’t. I’m only sayin’, if we have an idea for another project, SMEInst funding is still a way to go since it’s still not overcrowded. But basically, I just found this number and here was the only meaningful place to share it :smiley:

jep, maybe TheJamble will be in this time :slight_smile:

thanks for the update, Matthias!

I won’t be writing the application personally for H2020 - but just as last time, two from my TheJamble-team will probably try to hand in an application this round.   :slight_smile:

When is the application deadline?

1 Like