Doubt is the first step to believe

I just got graduated and i felt so depressed to leave university and start looking for a job. I have studied economics, but i did not want to work for a bank. So i started volunteering in many fields, such as journalism, art or education, and met new people with different mindsets.

I decided to then to take a new adventure, and find a way to work and travel, and i did. I have teached Frensh in India and Poland. This changed completly the way i see the world, my country included. When i came back, i found out that nothing have changed, i was the only one who did.

I mean by doubting, not to take everything for granted. I understood that if we dont go out of confort zones, and if we dont have the courage to break the habits, then there is no way to learn and not even to think.

Yours,

1 Like

Travel broadens the mind

Welcome to Edgeryders, @Amine_EL_KHALFI! Travel does indeed reflect on the way you see your own home nest. But I don’t really understand, based on your post, what you experienced in your travels and how those experiences changed your perception – and most importantly, your course of action. Did you start to do anything new after you returned?

Also: you don’t say which country is home, and I can find no information on your profile…

1 Like

Hello Dear Alberto,

I am from Morocco, and just getting familiar with your platform, i ll fill my profil with all the informations needed.

I joined an organization called AIESEC, that gave me the possibility to volunteer abroad. Then i realized that my help is needed in my community, and i started working for the incoming global community developpment program in Marrakech. We are receiving people from different nationalities, to work and teach languages to people who cannot pay a language center. As Marrakech is the first touristic destination in the country,  we started building a social network around the city, with different partners on the civil society,  to implement a new mindset on tourism. So insteed of doing a classical touristic guide work, we were organizing workshops in different association in the city, with the help of our exchange participants, to share their knowledge and skills, in management, languages, art … the aim of it, is to break stereotypes, and to give people the opportunity to build a lifetime friendship with people from all around the world, and to build a social responsible tourism.

i would be glad to share with you any more informations if needed,

Regards,

1 Like

Marhababik :slight_smile:

Hi Amine!

Good to have more people from Morocco on the platform! Where did you learn about Edgeryders?

I live in Ourika valley and I am working on a proposal to bring LOTE5 to Marrakech. Check out the proposal for Athens and this awesome one for Brussels. I love the second one and I think it would be much more interesting to have it in Marrakech. Do share your thoughts and ways you may contribute if interested. Also, we are working on a new project called Future Makers the primary focus of which is to build concrete ways for innovators and activists to support one another’s work, peer to peer.

Please, feel free to edit the wiki and add more case studies for Morocco.

Additionally, do not hesitate to ask me if you need any help to use the platform. I’m in Armenia all summer but will be back in September and would love to meet you then.

Cheers,

Anna