[Draft]: Campaign Rewards

Yes I love this

memento from the past, and a souvenir from the future now (samples from the environments project protagonists move in an care about).

Immaterial: Could be audivisual cards? Maps with personalised snippets of media on them e.g. sound ?

Material (more pricey): Or even books with customised covers- you can for your cover select a map of the neighbourhood where project protagonists work/move. With digital pins placed on the map (“here lies a bit of future”).If physical objects it can be you choose a map for print on demand on t-shirts or totes and magnets sealing in some bit or bob, placed somewhere on the map. Roughly speaking:

3 Likes

For sounds

think ringtones, wake-up sounds  or system start/end sounds.

Also a circadian cue for the right time to taking a break and doing some network nurturing may be useful for some people.

If you live in a noisy place some sound may help mask background noises. Personally I like to record sounds from locations (especially in nature) I had a good time in. But other meaningful places (like an important place/time in your country of origin) are also cool - especially if the “rough edges are rounded off a little”. Not sure this will as price though cause part of the point is not being in one location…

1 Like

“goodies”

Everyone always likes “goodies”, so that is smart. Even simple things like stickers are perhaps a good idea?

4 Likes

Another goodie: Your personalised network visualisation art?

They can be quite beautiful actually. The edgesense rendering is one version. Once you have the data you can do all kinds of beautiful visual presentation.

1 Like

Networks materialization?

Honestly I have huge problems with the way that networks are usually visualized. There is not a whole lot that can be inferred from most vanilla visualizations, and it reflects very badly on the SNA community in my opinion. A personalized one could of course improve on that a great deal - but it might also be real work.

Personally, I used to put my collection of business cards into a mobile [victim of technology that poor word] that would be suspended above the telephone. The business cards would usually get short comments on them as reminders and be grouped into topics. I really used it quite a bit. Now if one made a tensegrity structure… but that is another story. Perhaps one of you designer folks can come up with a simple crossover thing?

1 Like

Ok, so better late than never! Sorry everyone, I’m one busy mama these days handling a sick baby and participating in a protest that will most likely change the way things are in Armenia.

So I second you for the goodies, webinars to crowd-source and proposal writing for beginners kind of rewards. That’s what would work for Armenia best + inclusion in the book of course.

Cheers