Earning an income when money doesn't work (Makerfox live demo!)

Makerfox is an innovation that emerged from within the Edgeryders community as a tool to replace money where it does not work. Like earning an income when the economy is “down” and nobody wants to pay you for doing a job. We will learn about Makerfox’s concept of network barter, do a live network barter deal on makerfox.com, and gather your ideas for using and improving this economic self-help tool.

The makerfox.com website was developed over the last year by my brother and me (and thankfully, financially supported by the European Union via EU Social Innovation Competition). We have all the complicated tech ready now and are eager to explore with you all how we can use this tool in our daily lives to simplify this never-ending story of “earning a living”.

We believe that network barter with Makerfox works best where the formal economy is in crisis mode. (If that’s not the case in your country, but you are involved in a project with common benefits that would profit from moneyless donations, Makerfox still can offer you a tool.)

Organizational hint: If you want to take part in the network barter demo trade (which  is completely optional), please open an account on makerfox.com and think about little products or services others in the room might want. We just need some symbolic items for the demo that you value at say, 10-20 USD or less. Bring those things to the session, and try to bring a notebook or tablet.

Date: 2014-06-23 20:00:00 - 2014-06-26 20:00:00, Asia/Tbilisi Time.

What do we need for this …

@Noemi, I’d need a room with Internet connection and ideally a video projector or big screen for this session. Any spot at the unconference or conference will do, duration would be around 1.5 - 2 hours. Works?

Sure.

Works for me, email with final agenda coming soon, but thinking of the 26th in the afternoon!