Econ-scifi: can we imagine a completely different economic system?

Sure

For a main event in Brussels, maybe a group you could look into is SwarmDynamics, recommended by Kate Genevieve. They are in the UK - London and Brighton, but also Brussels.

Apparently they are interested in a punk future that the artists can contribute to: http://swarmdynamics.org/site/radical-dreaming/

Trying to reach them anyways for culture work, so will keep you posted!

2 Likes

Alex, Cory replied to me and said that right now he does not have anything scheduled for Europe next spring, but he said he was honored that we want him to do this event with us. He asked his agent to keep an eye out for other gigs he might get there so it could be combined with Econ-SciFi, to which she replied that she would try to make that happen. So, nothing as of yet, but I think it looks promising.

1 Like

Okay,

Thanks John. Could you send me across the direct contacts for Cory and his agent?
I’m happy to take on the communications over this going forward. I’m going to go back to him with a suggestion for a date in Spring.

I can when I get to a place other than this campground so I can get the info off my laptop. I will get you the agents contact. I need to ask Cory first if he wants to get mail from someone he doesn’t know regarding a speaking gig.
I’m sure the agent would like some dates to work with. The sprit of it is they would likely be up for finding a combo of things in the area around the same time. But they don’t have anything right now. Underwriting him coming just for us and then go home to the LA area would cost retail for us I’m pretty sure because Cory is trying to lessen the traveling. But if some things could be combined that includes one or more paying gig then I think the picture looks brighter.

That’s brilliant, and would be the perfect outcome for us.
Knowing that he doesn’t already have commitments means we csn go ahead and set the date that suits us and the activity best anyway. We 're already kicking into production mode on this and we should be setting a date range pretty soon to go back to them.
I’m happy to just deal with the agent as a starting point until things are bit more progressed.
and no need to rush right now John, whenever you can

Hi guys, I thought this free online lecture (today! 1pm New York time) by Erik Bordeleau might be interesting for this group:
https://mailchi.mp/efbf695f869b/gcaslecture
Perhaps see you there!

2 Likes

Too short notice for me… but thanks @Caszimir!

I was there (Erik is a longtime close collaborator of mine). It was fascinating both because of the ideas Erik was sharing and also because the zoom got hacked by a troll and the whole thing had to be cut short as it became inoperable. I’m skyping with Erik later to reflect on it actually, provocative hack into a space that’s speculating on how to hack the system! Politics of visibility and accessibility abound… Erik did great in the circumstances… reminds me of Walkaway :wink:

1 Like

Here’s a few screenshots I took before the troll really took over to give people a taste of the lecture…

1 Like