before starting the communication of the event and the crowdfunding campaign, we need to make a final decision on the naming of the event.
There are some elements that are crucial and - in my opinion - should be present in the name:
The message here is that we are thinking about different models for our society, BUT we feel the urge to validate them with an academic approach.
The message here is that we are going to elaborate completely different models from the actual one. We are going to look for help in the SciFi literature, from authors that usually are being looked on just as entertainment but are the only ones that are able to think differently.
- science fiction
Noun [event definition]
Probably we’ll need to append also a noun that defines what kind of event this is going to be
- seminar (-> more academic)
- lab (-> more interactive)
- conference -> (more than a single talk)
- workshop (-> ?)
- festival (->more than talks)
The original naming was something like:
Economic Science Fiction Seminar
Economic Science Fiction Conference
Economic Science Fiction Lab
personally, I find this very effective and spot-on, as:
- it is very clear about the 2 worlds that we want to unite (academic economic research <-> SciFi enthusiasts)
- it is a bit cold and descriptive, if you want, but this lets emerge how we are rigorous about the issue
- at the same time the term Science Fiction is very inspiring and evocative to all the fan base audience / nerds
I like it.
A totally different road would be to have a sentence like “Shaping the Future” ( same structure as “Living on the Edge”) but I think we would loose something.
What do you think?
Do you have suggestions?
We need to take a decision on this by the end of this week