Edgecamp in a box - how to do it - some ideas
- Pub meets - regular - non-exclusive - keep it open - don’t exclusively brand as only for edgeryders who have been at the conference.
- Co working spaces, anti-shops, community spaces
- Make use of existing public spaces?
Think about what you would like to achieve from an Edgecamp:
Weekly meetings of discussion to keep the community together?
Bi-monthly or quarterly weekend events?
- Microtalks -
- Pecha Kucha Presentations: (20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each)
- Intensive unconference - friday drinks - saturday unconference - as soon as finishes 24hour hack day
- Invite local public service practitioners to give a talk on a problem faced - do a creative brain storming session on how to fix it - local authorities like being involved.
- keep it conversational
- film night - watching films, TEDx talks - other stuff.
- Tackle problems using creative tools for group discussion and individual thinking, such as Six Thinking Hats