Edgeryders is coming to South Africa!

A lot has been cooking under the surface lately. I’m pleased to announce that Edgeryders has been invited to participate in Angel Fair, a matchmaking event for emerging African entrepreneurs and investors, philanthropists, government agencies and more  in Johannesburg on September 25-26. Edgeryders has also been invited to participate in a workshop organised by the Embassy of Sweden about what is going on at the edge of occupation, innovation and participation amongst the young in South Africa.

Thank you  Eric Osiakwan for nominating Edgeryders to Angelfair, and thanks to the Swedish Embassy for covering my cost of travel and to the lovely embassy staff for being so helpful and to [Pierre] for opening the doors. And thank you Bert-Ola Bergstrand for kindly supporting us with your advice and in depth knowledge about social capital.

For me this trip is as much about connecting with more peers in SA as it is about building Edgeryders as an independent, economically sustainable non-profit in service of the community. I am so looking forward to meeting and thinking with Irma Wilson and if you’re in Jozi or know people I should meet while in town, please connect us. So we can share a fabulous bottle of Joburg tap if nothing else :slight_smile:

Bottle in image above by Lovejozi

Well done

yupppii, this is great great news! I’m thrilled that we are able to reach this far, indeed Europe and way beyond. I’m not sure I understand the hundredth part of the huge effort of building a sustainable business - with the strategizing, walk around, doing keynotes and talking to many people and investors - but I’m awfully confident in having you as ambassador.

Kudos to you and to all of the helpful fairies - Eric, Bert-Ola and great friends of Edgeryders! :-)

Edgeryders Workshop. October 1 in Johannesburg. See you there!

Just got off the phone with the Embassy of Sweden in South Africa. They have hired a venue at Jozi Hub and the Edgeryders Workshop on October 1 is open to the public. It would be lovely to connect with Edgeryders in South Africa and welcome more people into the community!