Ensure we have adequate wifi coverage at LOTE3

@antonioelettrico, @ritao and @ilariadauria: Can one of you please report on the current status of Internet connection at the venue? To be sure if the current setup is sufficient for us all at LOTE3, we would need:

• Speed test. One of you would have to go into the building and do a speed test with the existing connection. This is quite easy: just go to speedtest.net, click start, afterwards click "Share result" and post the link to the result here. Plus a screenshot for backup :) If there is an option, please do this test twice: once via wifi connection as normal, once by connecting your computer with a network cable connection to the Internet router instead.
  • List of devices. While in the building, please also note the manufacturers and type numbers of all Internet connection related devices that are connected there. They're normally on a label on their back ... . This will help us to know if the network devices are sufficient for our 150 people conference, or if we have to bring something else. If you can, simply make photos of the network devices, and of the labels on the back of the devices.

Especially I’d also like to know if there is only one Internet router where the connection comes into the building, or if someone already has set up multiple wifi routers / access points, or at least cables for that, to distribute Internet in the building. So please also make photos of network cable connections in the building. If there are none, make photos of phone cable connections … we can hack them to route Internet for us as well.

• Optional: contract. If you could find out the conditions of the Internet provider contract existing for the unMonastery building it would be helpful, but not strictly necessary.

Since we’re quite at the limit of available time already for getting proper wifi hardware if we need anything else for the conference, I’d be happy if we could get these questions answered by Wednesday at latest. If something is unclear, just contact me any way you like about this. We really need to make sure there’ll be good Internet at LOTE3 … as important as finding good water in old times :stuck_out_tongue:

Mission successful

lote3 is winding down and the WiFi has been excellent. Many thanks.

Well done, guys! Many thanks!

Thanks [Matthias], [Piersoft], [Leo]… who else?

The women!

Don’t forget Rita and Raffa :slight_smile: I was there, when they was discussing about wifi with the provider!