EU Call - EIC Accelerator pilot

Hi all, I came across this call - maybe of interest for Edgeryders?

Up to €17.5 million in financing for innovative companies under the EIC, to support rapid growth of breakthrough, market-creating ideas

From today, innovative companies can apply for up to €17.5 million in combined grant and equity financing to scale-up quickly and effectively through the EIC ‘Accelerator’ pilot, increasing support for ground-breaking concepts that could shape new markets or disrupt existing ones in Europe and worldwide.

3 Likes

That EIC Pathfinder call looks like it could be the successor to the H2020 SME Instrument Phase 1 and Phase 2 calls. That would be great, as i was worried already that these might just vanish at the end of H2020 …

Speaking of which. @hugi, @matthias, are you up for trying a SME instruments application for SenseStack?

Sure, I would be up for it. Maybe we could look at this when I’m in Brussels on July 1st?

FYI, there are only 1 or 2 cut-off dates for the SME Instrument Phase 1 (the 50k EUR type) left, then it is discontinued. The reasoning is to give people winning this time to participate in Phase 2 afterwards.

Phase 1 is what we want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like final deadline for Phase 1 is 05 September 2019 17:00:00 Brussels time.

1 Like

Great, no?

Yeah. Let’s give this a go when I’m in Brussels, or on the Eurostar on our way to London.

1 Like

Indeed.

I had some time set aside this weekend to start working on an SME Phase I application for Edgeryders to develop GraphRyder and a digital ethnography software business. However, I immediately ran into a sna when selecting Edgeryders OÜ as the applying organization.

For profit organisations: each applicant to this call has to be registered or validated as a for-profit entity in the Funding Tenders Portal. You received this warning message because your organisation does not fulfil this for-profit criterion. This could be due to one of the following reasons: (1) you did not register your entity as for-profit, (2) you registered your entity as a non-profit entity.

So this is a dead-end for now until I manage to set up a Swedish org. By then, the deadline for the SME Phase I will have passed. However, there are equivalently generous grants available from VINNOVA, and a new round opens in November. I will aim to have the Swedish org set up by then.

Ping @alberto.

1 Like

Thanks Alberto, this makes things even more doubtful. When I submitted the MSCA application with Edgeryders as beneficiary I had no error message of this kind. I’m aware there might be issues concerning the operational capacity as most of the main cash flow is other EU money, but we will be notified about it only in case the project will get to the granting phase. I am been made aware from the Estonian contact point that Edgeryders is a sort of non-orthodox SME and this can be a problem as the EU might not be prepared to deal with these cases yet. However, we can just wait for the results and see what we got. If the project will not pass the selection phase, it’s possible we will get no clues about the general eligibiity of Edgeryders, but we can probably enquire later.

1 Like

Noted.

For H2020, the definition of SME does not care about for profit vs. non profit status, with the exception of SME instruments. That must be why Chiara did not get any error message. We talked to someone who said SME instuments would be “negotiable”, but I now guess that meant we would have to, not to put too fine a point on it, lie. When you register, you specifically have to specify that status, and,we qualify as both SME and non-profit. I am not prepared to lie, so that’s that.

2 Likes