2021-11-23T23:00:00Z → 2021-11-24T23:00:00Z
The Ecosystem builders - Economics, Science Fiction and Tech beyond capitalism
What are the implications of a post-capitalist society on technology development around the globe?
How does it challenge many of our underlying assumptions about how people can meet our material, social and existential needs ?
(add section here summarising Solnitz big insights about Disaster Utopias (from her novel “Paradise built in hell”).
(add invitation to join us at the event here)
|Great People||Conversation||Articles||A narrative. This helps us by giving us a sense of how we can “push” for rewiring of local economies in ways that can resonate with a broad spectrum of people. It includes pieces of (unorthodox) economic theory (like Mazzucato); data (no, regional policies how we are doing them now do not always lead to your region “catching up”); and Doctorow’s “architect’s renderings” of possible alt economies.|
|Interesting stories||SSNA visualisations||New Projects||A library of models. These are detailed descriptions of interventions from different places that demonstrated some success . If others like a model, they could copy the very practical things that the the original protagonists did to realize that model.|
|Experience backed knowledge||Sensemaking||Unlikely Alliances||An allianceof like-minded people, that can then lobby together, apply for funding together, coordinate etc.|
How to participate
You will need to put in a total of 2hrs, spread out over a 3 week period
1.15 hr: Participate in the webinar
30 min: Leave comments on the forum sharing your thoughts (Day after the video chat)
Right now, 5 mins: Fill in this form to register
What the Edgeryders team does
- Coordinates a campaign of collaborative community fundraising to support participants’ work
- Moderates & Documents the Listening session (video chat)
- Community manages Follow up discussions ( ER team publishes documentation + listening session participants leave comments)
- Produces visualisation and analysis of the conversations topics ( ER team use open source technology to produce visualisations)
- Produces articles containing summary of insights from conversations ( ER team produces draft for participants to comment/edit before publishing)
- Prepares & share First Draft of Concept Notes for possible joint initiatives wih participants in workspace accessible only to participants who participated in previous steps to ensure alignment)
- Engages the fundraiser to identify possible sources of financing + fundraising strategy
- Follow up session: Developing ideas for joint initiatives + filling in applications with support from the fundraiser.
we want to set up an individual page for each event.
Relational goods, stocks over flows, systems over networks: a webinar on the strange economy of the Messina district .
Organised by: the Science Fiction Economics Lab
Would like to invite:
- Gaetano from Horycus Orca Foundation in Messina
- Niti Bhan http://nitibhan.com/about-niti/
- Rutger Bregman https://www.rutgerbregman.com/
- Alexa Clay (Head of the RSA international, Author - the Misfit Economy),
- Boyd Cohen ( Author - PostCapitalist Entrepreneurship: Startups for the 99%),
- Dan Price, CEO of gravity orgs
- Gabriella Gòmez-Mont
- Finance people, Las Indias,
- Nathan Schneider (Journalist)
- Matthias Ansorg( Co-Founder Paycoupons & Edgeryders)
- Others? and many more examples e.g companies providing low cost glaecoma treatment in india T.b.c. Other publications* . Keywords: “Post-growth organizations”. “Eco-social enterprises” and “postcapitalist entrepreneurship”, “circular economy”, “sustainability”, “climate change” , “green transition”, . Possible partners: Roope & Outi, Post Growth Institute, new economics foundation + more suggestions welcome?
What we (Edgeryders) wish to engage people to get involved in as a result of their participating in this event
- Science Fiction Economics Lab: The Lab’s mission is to produce and amplify out-of-the-box economic thinking. Relevant materials: A list of communication resources inc. presskits, boilerplate texts etc + Current Minisite + Discussion/community Forum
- Virtual Coworking & Online Events Stack: Avoiding business travel, having a healthy work-life balance & freedom to collaborate across borders and disciplines. Rather than a standalone thing- it needs to narrativised as a part of/ enabler of transition to next generation of business. Relevant materials:
- OCI Lab edition/special track: An incubator for seeding and boosting resilience of post-extractive (deep green or post capitalist) economic clusters. Does not have a standalone site, only an edgeryders platform category- https://edgeryders.eu/c/ocilab