Family Life - A myth

Balance between personal and professional life

Dear Lucyanna,you

I share the same opinion as you. Nowadays, it is really hard to combine the personal and professional life… . Unfortunately, the humanity forget the true values of life being more preoccupied about material things:(. Her unhappiness is generated by the fact that people can not maintain a balance between them, that is why we start to share negative emotions like envy, jealousy. Everything done in extreme is negative… . Everyone is responsible for his life and I consider that if you want really very very much, with some efforts and sacrifices, you can find “the gold middle” between the two parts of our life. If you are an innate perfectionist, you will encounter some problems in achieving your goals, fact that will determine you to change your mentality and your style of life. For me, the family and professional life are two different things, but in the same time one can not exist without the other, they are completing and influencing each other. When you are not doing well in your personal life, this fact is obvious also in your professional life where you do not give proof of efficiency and the reverse.

Dear Tania,

Thank you for your interesting comments.

Unfortunately, the humanity forget the true values of life being more preoccupied about material things Sad, but true.

If you are an innate perfectionist, you will encounter some problems in achieving your goals, fact that will determine you to change your mentality and your style of life.

Neverthless, one has to be strong enough not to give up his/her initial dreams and goals.

For me, the family and professional life are two different things, but in the same time one can not exist without the other, they are completing and influencing each other

Do you really think family and professional life are two different things ? Family is a natural institution, while the career is a social construction…one can have a family without having a job, and a career without having anyone close. Yet, the human being can’t and should never completely separate the two spheres, because the choices we make in life affect both areas.

myth?!

Nice post, Lucyanna!

I totally understand what you intended to say. I do not think one can say that it is so easy and great to combine both aspects: family and professional. But it is all about the choices we make in our lives. There are “I want it all” people who are making a caree, having to work extra hours, but also having a family with at least a kid, and a husband, and go to gym 3 times a week, and at least once per week - to an amusement park. And I am sure they perceive themselves as fulfilled. Some others enjoy living in a village, growing their own food, home-schooling their children and also feeling fulfilled.

But, let’s face it: most of people today are actually living like this: combining. It doesn’t mean that they are great  performers at work and perfect wives/husbands/mothers/fathers at home and also cheerful buddies with their friends in the bar. Just trying to get around with what we have! Of course, it would be nice if we could frankly make our priorities and follow them along our living!

Dear Liuda,

I actually never understood how do the "I want it all " people make it, that’s why I assume they do lots of things , but do it badly.

Yes, most people are combining. Combining might be extremely stressful and unhealthy, though. It may not be “the normal life” we are all made to believe it is. And yes, people who combine are far from being perfect. That’s a bad thing , at least for those persons who really want to do things right (I included). If work was less in quantity or more flexibile, combining would be possible. But currently, having a good family life and a succesful career at the same time, is still a myth for me.

Thank you for your very interesting comments ! Mult succes !