Final decision on the GraphRyder demo + ethno evidence session in the festival

We made a bit of a mess with conflicting schedules. I got rightly rebuked by Noemi for pinging her on random channel and not respecting the process, so let’s reset. The process is:

1. we decide what to do and when to do it.
  2. We let No and the others know with a comment here.

Trying to summarise: Day 1 is Thursday 19th, Day 2 Friday 20th, Day 3 Saturday 21st. Day 1 is when most OpenCare-related activities take place.

• @melancon will be there on day 1 (Thursday 19th), back home on day 2.
  • @amelia can’t make day 2 nor day 3. Can she make day 1? Not sure.
  • @jason_vallet seems flexible. Is that correct?
  • I am fully flexible.

I propose:

• If Amelia can, after all, come on Day 1, we do it on Day 1.
  • If Amelia cannot come at all, we do it on Day 1 if possible, but still are flexible.

Can we make a swift decision and move on?

1 Like

Nope, there is a misunderstanding. I could not make it earlier than Thursday afternoon due to other commitments (PhD, seminar). I would have made the trip on purpose to be there for our Friday session. Now that the session has been moved to Saturday, I suggested Jason takes care of it – in my mind it is Amelia’s role that is crucial.

That also relieves me from travelling, which I don’t complain about :frowning:

I can of course discuss and prepare the session with you, but it is Jason who will travel and paprticipate to make it a fun and interesting session.

Best I could do is evening of day 1 (earliest I can leave Oxford is 1:30, and will take me 4hrs at best to get to Brussels) and morning of day 2 (must be back in Ox by 5pm).

No way around it, I’m afraid— my funding depends on attendance. October is a very packed month :confused:

Will write this in the main thread also.

1 Like

Looking at the program, the best we could do within those parameters is a parallel session (but not a plenary) on the morning on Day 2. Useful to recap what I wanted to do:

1. It’s a workshop. Title: “understanding community care with semantic social networks”, or something like that.
  2. Presentation of OpenCare’s preliminary results, using GraphRyders as a way to illustrate it. No more than 30 mins.
  3. People fire up laptops, load up GraphRyders, group around questions and look for answers for the rest of the time. Questions could be of the type “what does it mean that X is connected with Y?” (implies reading material and reflecting on it); or of the type “what can we say about the structure and clustering of codes?” (implies messing around with the graph as a whole). Jason could contribute with rapid-fire analysis on Tulip.

We can treat this as (a) validation and (b) ethno evidence on how people perceive/approach our methodology.

Ideally we would claim the whole morning (9-12), though this needs to be negotiated. If you (@amelia) are up for it, I would do it. Is it a go?

I’m up for it! I may need to get in a bit late on Thursday PM (TBD) but that Friday AM slot is good.

On it.