Final visualizations

@alberto Again, many thanks. I have to tell you that this deliverable is shaping up to be quite impressive, in my view. A lot of good work but several people. I am going though it, sentence by sentence, so does Nica. And I just spotted several places where visualisations will really strengthen the argument and increase the attractiveness of the product for the reviewers.

So, I understand, you will visualize both breath and depth. If not, you will let me know what is what. Second, we will have colors. This was a brilliant idea to color gender - I have never seen any study with this kind of information that is - in several places - truly fascinating.

Here are my kind requests (in no particular order):

Polish corpus, ego network of DDpolcor (political corruption), d > 7. The point is to see only three other nodes, Law and Justice Party, Civic Platform, and the Catholic Church

Polish corpus, ego network of DDpolcor (political corruption), d > 6. Should be able to see in addition to the above 3, two more - two types of polarization.

Polish corpus, ego network of POLpol (political polarization), d > 5. Should be able to see several co-occurring nodes

Polish corpus, ego network of POLculid (polarization cultural-ideological, d > 11. Should be able to see edges to 5 nodes: the Catholic Church, abortion, Law and Justice Party, political polarization (POLpol), and CULman.

Polish corpus, ego network of Catholic Church, d > 8.

Polish corpus, ego network of SAsupdef (support deficit), d > 8. Should be able to see about seven co-occurring codes.

Polish corpus, ego network of SIincompetence, d >6. Should be able to see about 10 co-occurring codes.

Polish corpus, ego network of LAinadequate, d >8. Should be able to see several co-occurring codes.

Many thanks and Happy Holidays for You and Yours!

Sauerborn, Djan
Cambridge University, Phd student
ORCID: 0000-0002-4210-4647

1 Like

And @alberto, please (1) make sure that I know which one is breadth and which one is depth and that (2) I have the right languge when talking about these issues. I still think that I “improvise” too much sometimes. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You ar requesting d, for depth. So that’s what I’m giving you. Breadth is called b both in the ICQE22 paper and here.

Remember: d is the association depth.

These edges have d > 12.

I see those five, but also five more. The five deepest edges are, from deepest down: with Law and Justice Party (d = 30), with POLpol (d = 20), with abortion (d = 17), with CULman (d = 14) and with social media (d = 13,).

I see 14:

I would not worry too much here, Jan. Just make sure that association depth and breadth are defined at the beginning, and indicated with d and b respectively, and then you can use these expressions and count that the reader will understand them.

:heart_eyes: @alberto: Many thanks! That’s all we need to complete the analyses.