From Costa Rica to MENA

Hi all!

I’m Abhinav, from Nepal, currently based in Germany, and lead a social enterprise in Costa Rica. I co-founded Bean Voyage in 2016, which supports 16 female coffee producers with the tools so they can skip the intermediaries and sell the final product directly to consumers around the world. Through our model, we’ve ensured a 300% increase in income for our first batch of farmers. I look forward to joining the Edge Ryders community and learn from fellow thinkers, does, risk takers! I’m hoping to take part in the Open Village especially because there is a project focused on coffee and supply chain - still deciding on the affordability, but perhaps I will be able to sort something out to participate in the overall process to bring such incredible ideas into reality, especially as I’ve noticed how difficult it is for farmers to be able to do the entire process themselves without paying thousands of dollars. I also look forward to learning about the other projects and work that all you incredible people are doing! Thanks for welcoming me to the community!

8 Likes

Yes, very welcome here Abhinav, and as I mentioned the application for a funded stay at the OpenVillage House in Morocco is still open for some days. Would be a pleasure to finally meet you and discuss direct trade coffee and so on.

Oh and, at this point, also a big thanks to @dipti_sherchan for doing the original introductions between us a year back or so. (Actually, how are you, Dipti? Would love to have a chat again :slight_smile: )

1 Like