Full membership application form: first draft

Hi @ChrisM,

The “Full Membership Convention” has been on my to do list for a very long time, and I think I made a good step in the right direction.

Here’s the background:

• We started off with a “Full Membership Convention” in which we specified the details around the full membership fee (loan and whatnot). We no longer need this, because it is now specified in the Governance Document.

• We decided in Team R&O (or was it Governance?) that we nevertheless wanted a document to be signed (like they did it in Earthsong Cohousing for example), as a rite of passage.

• We will have a formal obligation to have new members sign the statutes of the société simple.

Bearing all that in mind, a made a first (sloppy) draft of a document that we could use as a membership application form, that we could ask people to sign when they apply. My reasoning for turning it into something to be signed before applying is that it then becomes a tool to bring everybody’s attention to what they are signing up for, before they become a Full Member instead of afterwards.

This is the internal link: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/95613

I’m a bit out of inspiration to make it better than that, so I was wondering whether you’d be willing to use your native English magic to turn it into something that makes sense? It’s not urgent of course, but nevertheless a nice to have?

1 Like

I’m going to go into Reef-mode this evening, so I’ll have a look then :slight_smile:

1 Like