Future Makers meeting in Kyiv, Ukraine

Dear friends,

we are happy to invite you to the Future Makers youth initiative gathering in Kyiv, on the 24th of July. Future Makers is an experimental initiative that aims to explore what happens when we combine the strengths of different networks (and their working styles) in novel collaborations, projects and online event formats.

We invite artists, hackers, lawyers, activists, researchers, doctors etc to collaboratively build a “guide” to networked collaboration for activists and innovators in which the book is the “score”, and the online events the “performance”.  In addition, we will discuss active participation of Ukrainian participants in the international online platform for the youth initiatives development, run joinly by UNDP and UNV, the United National Development and Volunteering arms respectively.

This project is meant for designing a new United Nations program for the future of youth volunteering in employment, social protection and data and to identify people, groups and projects that today are marginal, but could have a large infulence in shaping up the near future in Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Egypt and Morocco. As well as operation of the online youth initiatives platform for the development of such projects throughout countries.

Who it is for: Anyone passionate about their project. Citizens and representatives of initiatives related to unemployment, migration, poverty, environment and use of common spaces, arts, do-it-yourself approaches, community health and wellbeing, innovative civic participation channels etc.

Come meet one of the founders of Edgeryders - Alberto Cottica and bring your experience and stories to share over some tea and biscuits!

Date: 2015-07-23 21:00:00 - 2015-07-23 21:00:00, Europe/Kiev Time.

2 Likes

Who to meet?

Unfortunately I can’t be there, but will be cheering for the community in Ukraine. With @Alberto going, it’s almost like more of us Edgeryders are.

Who should we not miss out on while in town? Or spaces to visit? @TOOLosophy has been traveling there lately, maybe he has some tips?

1 Like

Wow, that would be something

It would be truly fantastic to see @TOOLosophy again. smiley

1 Like

Dear @Noemi and @Alberto, let me prepare a list of good interesting organizations and policy makers that would be great to meet while being there. Tomorrow will have first meeting with UNDP as to the preparation for the event, and of course will propose some of the organizations am having in mind (apart from grassroot initiatives that am finding). There can propose tech incubators, hackatons, open data organization Social Boost, youth activities policy makers etc.

And of course can prepare logistics/schedule of the meeting and can show lovely city Kyiv ))

Sincerely Natalie

Sounds great!

Just to let you know I will be online tomo morning starting 8 am Eastern European time, should you need my help. It seems this meeting is a good place to pick up on our last skype meeting with UNDP which notes I shared with you.  Talk soon! 

involvement

Dear Noemi,

would you like to be involved on skype during the meeting? it will start at 11:30 Ukrainian time.

Just in case, my skype is nataliegryvnyak

Thanks,

Natalie

Facebook event