Future Makers meeting in Yerevan

Future Makers is an experimental initiative that aims to explore what happens when we combine the strengths of different networks (and their working styles) in novel collaborations, projects and online event formats. We invite artists, hackers, lawyers, activists, researchers, doctors etc to collaboratively build a “guide” to networked collaboration for activists and innovators in which the book is the “score”, and the online events the “performance”. 

The purpose of the exercise is to identify people, groups and projects that today are marginal, but could have a large influence in shaping up the near future in Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Egypt and Morocco. 

It is run jointly by UNDP and UNV, the United Nations Development and Volunteering arms respectively. This project is meant for designing a new United Nations program for the future of youth volunteering in employment, social protection and data.

Who it is for: Anyone passionate about their project. Citizens and representatives of initiatives related to unemployment, migration, poverty, environment and use of common spaces, arts, do-it-yourself approaches, community health and wellbeing, innovative civic participation channels etc.

Come meet one of the founders of Edgeryders - Alberto Cottica and bring your experience and stories to share over some tea and biscuits!

Location is to be confirmed

Date: 2015-07-18 14:00:00 - 2015-07-18 17:00:00, Asia/Yerevan Time.

URL: Future Makers Meeting in Yerevan

1 Like

Yerevan, here we come

Can’t wait!

1 Like

We are all looking forward to it! I might make the meeting a bit later(around 7:30-8:00 PM) as it is unbearably hot in Yerevan during the day and people do not prefer to be outside before 8PM. Most probably we will have it at ICA garden which is a lovely place. Any idea what we should offer to people in terms of food/drink? I mentioned tea and biscuits but that was what we decided for Morocco.

Also do you think we might need a projector and screen to make a presentation? Or not necessary?

Please, give me your flight and accommodation details and let me know if you need any assistance.

See you next week!

Couple of tricks re heat

If you are not moving around a lot during the meeting I there is a very simple and effective thing you can to against the heat. Just get a “painters tub” or something similar filled with water (half full will be enough) for everyone. You can rinse it with some vinegar before and after to clean it out. If you happen to have sturdy ones made of fired clay or similar they will be even better for cooling. I’m not sure how the surface is where you’ll be, so watch out that no one slips (e.g. have sth to dry off feet). If a wire from a notebook drops into the water, it should not be dangerous as they generally use 16-20V or so. Nothing really dangerous.

If you are not all sitting at a table - see you can find wooden boards (20-50% larger than the notebook, about as thick as a finger) to put it on. It fixes the heat problem and also makes things much easier on the notebook, e.g. when you carry it around. If there will be a lot of people you want to have 2 quiet ventilators (one moving the air in, one pushing it out in the direction of the wind). Each person or notebook heats with around 50 W. So 10 people + notebooks are like a plug-in heater on full power…

Physical well being is really important if you want to get good results at a meeting - but I’m sure given your background you know this better than I do. I just want to encourage you to consider unorthodox methods.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks a lot @trythis, actually it cools down considerably after 6PM and also people finish their jobs by that time, so I think we can manage without additional cooling methods + we will have the meeting in a garden which provides shade and freshness. Wish you could join us btw! :slight_smile: