Good enough is better than perfect: The rough LOTE4 minisite is now online

So, the new LOTE4 site is now online.

Just like the event itself, the website is evolved by it’s users. What is up is just a starting point. If you notice something that is broken, missing or messy you have two options:

1.Join the web and tech development team and build it better (it’s one of the ways you can get a ticket to the event)

or

1. Create a post in the Edgeryders Dev & Testing group and someone may eventually get around to it.

well done team!

Looks great and reasonably clean…

The only thing I think we still need to clarify is how exactly the barter will work, what is the attractive offer/package we’re offering as a “ticket” (if there’s already a writeup on this and agreed decision feel free to point me at it).

Step 1: By claiming a task you get easy access to the MakerFox barter community & a peer2peer, one on one tutorial; you get a chance to build a reputation based on your skills which you will be able to provide in the future in exchange for help from your peers around the globe

Step 2: By succesfully performing a (number of) task(s) equivalent to the LOTE ticket value you get access to the event; are the first in line to benefit from Matera travel/lodging discounts OR get a free spot at unMonastery for the conference period?

Anything we as concrete as above that can offer which can ease the costs of participation for those who can’t afford to come and for whom volunteering to earn access is not good enough?

I’m giving this some more thought these days, and I’m up for helping translate tasks into tickets on Makerfox, just need a 30mins one-on-one tutorial.

Go ahead and change/add whatever you want!

The text is just a starting point and my assumption is a lot of things will need to be changed. <3

Aw yes, the Makerfox integration!

Exactly what I’m also still worrying about. Creating (potential several different) packages that go beyond the pure ticket, as you propose, seems a good idea to me. It avoids the image of us using “artificial scarcity” techniques. For the Makerfox tutorial, just ping me tomorrow (ideally Skype or XMPP / GTalk at matjahu@jabber.org). We can try to work out together what Edgeryders will offer and request on Makerfox.

Also, to avoid running into taxation problems when adding bartering to the Edgeryders business, we will need a chat with @ArthurD. While selling tickets for 1000 USD barter value on Makerfox is nice to prove what becomes affordable in a barter economy :smiley: that kind of pricing might not be wise due to tax implications on both Edgeryders and our conference visitors (if they need to declare the 1000 USD barter income from tasks to the tax authorities, because then they’d have to pay taxes in scarce money for income in barter value, which is double bad). I’ll create a dedicated task on that tomorrow, and then we can discuss with Arthur in writing what to do about this …

join the community call today?

Hi @Matthias, perhaps catch you today?

Did it end early?

Anyway, I am still there in the call if you have time …